96.1 KXY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yep I was around to hear the rock from 96X I think they called it KXXY
I even had a 96X express card.. it was grey in color and plastic.. No idea what it was for I was a teen then.
I was here when the KATT started in 1976.
My mother told me I could not listen to that as it was devil music and I could not go down the street and hang out with those people who listened to it.

Messed up family for sure.
The KATT was on AM for a long time also. Some of my cars only had AM radio.
On the way to lake dirty bird to swim one day with 3 other buddies in my car I turned on the AM radio and a friend hollered TURN IT OFF QUICK!!!

I did and said WHY ..He said don't you know if you listen to AM radio you will go to hell!

We never turned it on again.
Did not sound all that good out of that single speaker in the top of the dash anyway.
1973 or 75 mercury comet was the car. That was a really good car. 250 inline 6.

I grew up listening to KVOO 1170am Tulsa lol. All of my family drove Ford trucks or broncos and had that single speaker that buzzed sometimes. Different times for sure.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After we moved to the OKC area after 1988, we stumbled upon a neat "light jazz" station at either 97.1 or 97.7 or something like that. They played the light jazz and "New Age" music, most of which is/was instrumental music. They even had a feature of an evening on a weekend or a Friday where they would highlight an album and play every track of that album. We thought that was great because then we knew whether we wanted to buy the album. Sadly, I don't remember what they called themselves, but after a number of years of listening to them, they changed formats as well.

Sirius and others "claim" to have New Age music, but theirs doesn't have the beat that we like from Mars Lasar, Patrick O'Hearn, Yanni, Keiko Matsui, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Buck Owens, Jim Reeves, Ferlin Husky, Farin Young-those were some of the great country singers and add the women, Lynn Anderson, Patsy Cline and many more. Those were great country singers but those today are riding on the coat tails of the real country singers.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
107...Mark Shannon and the Egg Man....Lisa Myrick Miller.

Mark and Lisa are dead. The Eggman moved to pittsburg but I think he moved back.
Shannon and the Eggman morphed in to Shannon and Spinozzi, then got booted. Spinozzi was on Bobfm I don't know if he survived to Alicefm.
My first dj fixation was Charlie Tuna on KOMA 1520. He left for LA and disappointed me.
Sometimes if I'm in a car after 6 I listen to Nights with Alice Cooper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom