97-03 F150 LS swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go with a 5.4 do make sure it has been remanufactured properly. Unfortunately the 5.4 although it is a good engine, does have issues with cam phasers. I do think Ford Resolved the spark plug ejection issue.
Cam phasers are 3 valve motors if I remember correctly.

To the PO. Just send it and get a chevy. I feel your pain with the ford modular motors, I have owned several and I feel like every one if them was junk.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go with a 5.4 do make sure it has been remanufactured properly. Unfortunately the 5.4 although it is a good engine, does have issues with cam phasers. I do think Ford Resolved the spark plug ejection issue.
I hate the 5.4l. Have one in an expedition owned since new. Cam phasers, bent valve, galled cam lobe. Sounds like a diesel starting. I'd do the cam phaser lockout if doing it again.

Prostick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Luckily it’s a 2v. It’s going to be hard to find a truck as nice for its age.

Attachments

• CB0E3DB2-6E41-4FFF-A209-EB89627EA713.jpeg
    CB0E3DB2-6E41-4FFF-A209-EB89627EA713.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ls swaps are cool, but unless you are working on one that is popular and maybe even offered in a pretty refined kit, it will be expensive and/or time consuming IMO. It's not the motor and trans, but all the little bits to finish it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom