9mm 1911 vs Hi Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I shot my buddies EMP this past weekend and it was awesome.

I'm trying to talk myself into a decision on getting a 9mm 1911.

I have two Hi Powers, one of which is in the process of getting some action and trigger work done.
I have a nice 1911 also, in .45. (Kimber Super Carry Pro HD)

Would a 9mm 1911 gain me anything?

The only caveat is I still want a railed pistol for a light to keep bedside. So maybe a 9mm Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator and I have the best of all worlds?

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO NO. If you are going to carry a 9mm, there are better options. If your going to carry a 1911, there are better calibers. If I carry a 9mm, it is because I want access to more rounds. You lose that in a 1911. If you want something close to the 9mm in a 1911, I would suggest a 38 Super. A lot more power, very little recoil.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem is I'm a trigger snob (aka I cant shoot well unless it has a great trigger). So that leaves many of the "better options" out of the market for me...and I just dont like poly guns. So basically my options are the two aformentioned pistols, or maybe I will finally try a Sig...I've had a hard-on for a P220 Equinox...whats the 9mm equivalent to that?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
STI makes double stack 9mm carry guns.
Guardian-DS_side-right_Crop.jpg
STI-DVC-CARRY.jpg

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO NO. If you are going to carry a 9mm, there are better options. If your going to carry a 1911, there are better calibers. If I carry a 9mm, it is because I want access to more rounds. You lose that in a 1911. If you want something close to the 9mm in a 1911, I would suggest a 38 Super. A lot more power, very little recoil.
You win. Mods please lock......

Latest posts

Top Bottom