9mm 1911 vs Hi Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did look at those, I am trying to refrain from having them build me a custom pistol. A Vbob in 9mm with a rail would make me open the wallet tonight.

The best trigger I've ever had on any pistol of any caliber is my DW PM9. If they made a Guardian 9mm with a rail, I'd already have one.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I shot my buddies EMP this past weekend and it was awesome.

I'm trying to talk myself into a decision on getting a 9mm 1911.

I have two Hi Powers, one of which is in the process of getting some action and trigger work done.
I have a nice 1911 also, in .45. (Kimber Super Carry Pro HD)

Would a 9mm 1911 gain me anything?

The only caveat is I still want a railed pistol for a light to keep bedside. So maybe a 9mm Springfield Range Officer Elite Operator and I have the best of all worlds?

I've owned an EMP, a full size 9mm 1911 and a BHP. Even had a DW Eco 9mm. Both the EMP and Eco carried VERY nicely and were very accurate guns. I DO think that a .38super 1911 is an excellent carry gun, but you are limited in SD ammo choices relative to 9mm. Nothing wrong with an STI either. Personally, if I was going to do a 9mm 1911 bedside it would be double stack. Too many multiple intruder break-ins going on the news for me to have a low capacity weapon, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yeah, you can duct tape a light on that STI, LOL

Sure..... or you could just get the version with a rail.
STI-Tactical-4.0-TLR-2.jpg

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a sti tactical 4.0. Same size as a Glock 19 but has the awesomeness of the single action trigger and high capacity mags. Plussss a rail and if you want to try before you buy, I might know a guy!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
38 super is neat, but I cant afford to shoot it as much as I'd like to. If I do something, it'll be 9mm.

I had negated double stack 1911s due to their size, but it makes sense for a bedside gun. I wont be carrying it, so that may now be an option.

@chazroh I think I shot your STI...but may require a refresher sometime.

And I still need to send my Hi Power off to Don Williams. Its disassembled and sitting in an addressed box ready to go...just keep forgetting to go to the post office :O

Latest posts

Top Bottom