9mm ammo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I've got a 9mm handgun Just bought a 9mm Springfield Armory SA-35. and don't plan on reloading for it (for now) what is about the best price on brass case FMJ (I don't do plated or lead) max 25 yd. plinking ammo right now ?

Looking around I found 1000 round 115 gr. and 124 gr. Blazer for $259.80+tx shipped.......anything better out there and does it really make much difference between 115 gr. and 124 gr. for what I'm going to be doing ?

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd look at SG Ammo dot com, and TargetSportsUSA dot com, in fact get on their email list. I've bought from both and been pleased, no issue or complaints at all.

Palmetto State Armory is huge, they sell everything except the kitchen sink and wheel barrow tires, lol. Get on their daily email list and you can get some really good deals on ammo.

I like Blazer and PMC, in brass, and like to order a 1,000 case lot at a time. That gets you free shipping and best price etc.

There are other brands that I've bought and used with no issues, like Seliler & Bellot, American Eagle, Winchester & Remington & Federal, and a few others that have worked well enough. There are lots of other brands nowadays, just do a little research online for any reviews or comments on the other brands before you shell out your hard earned money.

I have just about decided that, in 9mm, to order 124 grain instead of 115, it seems to me that sometimes the 115 is a little weak to cycle properly, I don't know but I think to be very cost effective they might load'em a tad light. YMMV.

If you want to you can use a "throw away email" address and such.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I've got a 9mm handgun Just bought a 9mm Springfield Armory SA-35. and don't plan on reloading for it (for now) what is about the best price on brass case FMJ (I don't do plated or lead) max 25 yd. plinking ammo right now ?

Looking around I found 1000 round 115 gr. and 124 gr. Blazer for $259.80+tx shipped.......anything better out there and does it really make much difference between 115 gr. and 124 gr. for what I'm going to be doing ?
Make sure its Blazer Brass

Regualer Blazer is aluminum cased. Didnt know if you knew that or not

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know that is a new pistol and may not be the same but both my Hp and my sons Feg clone run better and are more accurate with 147 grain .
Coated lead or jacketed does not seem to matter.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that is a new pistol and may not be the same but both my Hp and my sons Feg clone run better and are more accurate with 147 grain .
Coated lead or jacketed does not seem to matter.
My FEG HP only worked well with Wolf steel cased. It was weird, maybe it was just built for scrappy commie ammo. Ended up trading it. It broke my heart a bit, I was fairly new to guns and had always wanted a HP. This was bark when I waxed poetic about wood and steel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom