9mm AR SBR, what's the recoil like....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 100% absolutely in love with my 10.5" LMT 5.56 SBR, but my 7yr son doesn't much care for it, says it kicks which makes him flinch as does my 5.56AK that he has claimed. Would a 9mm AR SBR kick more? I've only shot one once and can't really recall.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More than 5.56 sbrs. They recoil forward and backward because of the high reciprocating mass. It isn't uncontrollable by any means, but there's a ton of material moving when you shoot it. Not nearly as smooth as a well tuned 5.56 IMO.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 100% absolutely in love with my 10.5" LMT 5.56 SBR, but my 7yr son doesn't much care for it, says it kicks which makes him flinch as does my 5.56AK that he has claimed. Would a 9mm AR SBR kick more? I've only shot one once and can't really recall.

Get a drop in .22 conversion kit for it.

Man, that sucks!! Tell you what, I will buy a brand new 22 conversion for your AR and trade you straight across for the harsh recoiling LMT just to help you out.:thumbup3:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a SBR, just a 10" barreled pistol in 9mm. Maybe 10 1/2". Anyway, I have a Spikes tungston filled buffer. I think it was around $35. I was gonna eventually file and make it a SBR, but with a single point sling, and a good cheek weld, I don't see the point. It locks in really solid. I think my 5.56 AR 16" has more felt recoil. Might be the fancy buffer, or the 9,000lb barrel on the 9mm. I like it.... a lot!

Where do you live? Come shoot it! I'm in OKC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom