9mm for small hands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try experimenting with different double handed grips on the gun. Remind her that she has to hold it stiff and not limp wristed. That could possibly help with some of the malfunctions

I just joined OKC gun club. School will be out soon and I plan to take her to the range a lot more. I will keep working with her on the grip.

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. A smaller 9mm is going to require even better grip fundamentals than a full-size handgun. I’ve been shooting mostly 22lr during my range sessions and even I get surprised by the difference in recoil when I switch to shooting my 9mm.
In the past before ammo was scarce and insanely expensive I used to do the same thing. I have a 22 conversion for my Glock and I would shoot a few hundred rounds through it. Then I would put the 9mm barrel and slide back on it to practice with regular centerfire ammo. Practicing with 22 is fun. And you were right switching to the nine let you know it is there after a lot of 22. Getting the extra trigger time with the 22 helps me with keeping my groups decent

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just joined OKC gun club. School will be out soon and I plan to take her to the range a lot more. I will keep working with her on the grip.

I would also suggest going to an actual class (do your research). We have been to a few with TDSA in Tulsa we really like them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom