9mm PCC Spoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is going to be on a Steel Challenge competition rifle. Max range will be 25 yards. I'm good with the non-magnified.
I don't need magnification YET so the 1x is what I went with.

Fortunately I am farsighted and have had no problem using a 2moa red dot out to 400 yards in the past.

My biggest reason for going with the Spitfire is that I have an astigmatism and the dot was starting to look blurry and elongated.

The etched reticle that shows up without using the illumination is a plus and even though I bought a new MBUS set I decided I don't need them with this scope.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't need magnification YET so the 1x is what I went with.

Fortunately I am farsighted and have had no problem using a 2moa red dot out to 400 yards in the past.

My biggest reason for going with the Spitfire is that I have an astigmatism and the dot was starting to look blurry and elongated.

The etched reticle that shows up without using the illumination is a plus and even though I bought a new MBUS set I decided I don't need them with this scope.

Yep, we have other folks on this forum that can't use Red Dot sights because of eye issues. Think I'm gonna like this one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that one uses the CR 2032 like mine.

The new version is a little more expensive and has push button controls for reticle color and brightness.
Well, it is what it is. I keep a pretty good stock of CR2032 batteries around since I can't seem to remember turn mine off on other dots.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it is what it is. I keep a pretty good stock of CR2032 batteries around since I can't seem to remember turn mine off on other dots.
My old red dot uses the same batteries and has the turn knob for the settings so I have no problem sticking with what I'm used to especially when it saves me money.