9mm PCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 138633

Here's my Taccom.
Makes for a fantastic USPSA and Steel Challenge gun.
I think we should battle again at Steel Challenge using our PCC's and Rugers.
I thought about that stock. I like that Magpul ACR because it lets me wear muffs and not plugs when getting a good cheek weld. The standard AR stocks shove the muffs up where they don't seal correctly.
The rifle is incredibly light with the carbon fiber handguard. All the weight is in the buttstock so I might swap it for something like yours if it supports muffs.
As far as a shoot-out, you would probably smoke me now. With the macular eye degeneration in the left eye that I'm getting treatment for I can't shoot with both eyes open and we are RV'ing a lot these days so time at the range for practice and matches are not as often. Practice makes perfect, and I'm not getting the practice.
I'll run this in some of our local range USPSA matches and see how it does, then you never know who and when someone might show up to shoot for a beer after the match trophy presentation. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking today I might do an AR9 for my next build, but will probably do it in a pistol style. These use a blowback system instead of DI correct? So no need for a gas block/gas tube? I might do a budget build (don't think the better half will accept another $1200 build, at least if I want to sleep in the bed) so probably stick with mostly PSA though I will probably get a better trigger than mil-spec.
Well, get ready for some more $$. There are adaptors for a standard MSR lower but they have been proven to be not quite as reliable as a dedicated lower. If you go the entire JP route, your looking at almost $2000.00 when all is said and done with all the bells and whistles.
Using a dedicated Quarter 10 billet stripped lower that is going to set you back about $250, but it has some parts like the mag release already installed. Triggers that are pretty good can be had for around a hundred or less if you look at my post on the Rise Armament triggers in this thread. Uppers like the Taccom are going to run around $400, then you have buttstock, buffer springs and buffer that are different from the standard MSR models that will run around a hundred bucks. Then optics.
The total will run over a grand. There may be some lower cost options out there. This is the route I took though.
Yes, they are blowback, not DI.
Be aware not all trigger systems work with the blowback system. Reference Shadowriders post above.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, get ready for some more $$. There are adaptors for a standard MSR lower but they have been proven to be not quite as reliable as a dedicated lower. If you go the entire JP route, your looking at almost $2000.00 when all is said and done with all the bells and whistles.
Using a dedicated Quarter 10 billet stripped lower that is going to set you back about $250, but it has some parts like the mag release already installed. Triggers that are pretty good can be had for around a hundred or less if you look at my post on the Rise Armament triggers in this thread. Uppers like the Taccom are going to run around $400, then you have buttstock, buffer springs and buffer that are different from the standard MSR models that will run around a hundred bucks. Then optics.
The total will run over a grand. There may be some lower cost options out there. This is the route I took though.
Yes, they are blowback, not DI.
Be aware not all trigger systems work with the blowback system. Reference Shadowriders post above.

PSA has dedicated lowers/uppers for 9mm in both glock and colt flavors. They have a full setup for under 600 w/o sights or optics. This will just be a range toy (as is most of my stuff since I'm not a hunter nor do comps) so I won't need to be 1 MOE accurate. I'm also toying with building a 2nd upper for my current build but in .300 blackout. Same upper, same handguard, just the different bolt and barrel. I dunno yet, gotta see why my budget is going to be and how much I can get past my wife :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PSA has dedicated lowers/uppers for 9mm in both glock and colt flavors. They have a full setup for under 600 w/o sights or optics. This will just be a range toy (as is most of my stuff since I'm not a hunter nor do comps) so I won't need to be 1 MOE accurate. I'm also toying with building a 2nd upper for my current build but in .300 blackout. Same upper, same handguard, just the different bolt and barrel. I dunno yet, gotta see why my budget is going to be and how much I can get past my wife :D
Most of us have a "gun account" that stays outside of the household budget for OPSEC purposes. :hey3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, went to the range today and loaded up the mag. Started with two shots in rapid fire mode, then after about 5 rounds, it went into slide lock but not with the slide lock lever. It was actually jammed in the rear position. I bumped it with my hand, and it broke loose, and stripped a round. Didn't like what I was seeing, so unloaded, and manually opened the slide. It was getting in a bind at the rear of the cycle. Thought maybe it was the buffer spacer, so removed it, and made no change. Still binding.
At home, with the upper opened, the bolt moves in and out easily. When closing the upper with the lower, it starts binding again at the back of the stroke. It appears the Timney trigger may be the culprit. Not depressing enough to allow the bolt to run freely. I'll remove the trigger tomorrow and then cycle the bolt to see if there is any difference.
There are two Rise Armament triggers coming in the mail tomorrow, with some anti-walk pins so one of them will likely go back in.
Thought about removing some material from the bottom of the bolt, but decided to hold off until making sure it's the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom