9mm Range Ammo - What Kind, and Where do You Buy it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you like for 9mm range ammo and where do you buy it? Lately, I've been buying a lot of Fiocchi 115 gr and 124 gr FMJ online from www.laxammo.com, it seems a little hotter than a lot of regular range stuff and is reliable in my 9mm pistols. Same thing with their .380 ammo too. Besides that, I have got some good prices on Remington green box and UMC 115 Gr FMJ lately at Academy. What about you?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is the only one that carries that wimpy caliber, but I do reload it for her. Don't have a $ figure, but its cheaper than factory.
.troll post

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freedom Munitions, bulk reman 147 grain. I've moved to all 147 grain as it hits steel harder for turning targets at Run & Guns and it's sub sonic and runs well in my Scorpion.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pickup brass after an OKC Gun Club match or buy fired brass (thanks RickN), cast 147 gr bullets from scrounged lead, and purchase powder and primers in bulk. I'm guessing I'm into it for $0.05 per round - That's $5.00 / 100 rounds.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
buy the Dillon 550 the guy is selling in Tulsa. While you are there buy every component he has, that you need at 30% below cost. Also, pick up the H4350 for me.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only place I buy loaded ammo from if I cant find it local and cheap is SG Ammo which is an Oklahoma company. I just got in a replacement lot for my junk Freedom Munitions so I cant say yet if this is junk or not. But if just plinking and cost is a concern, you might give them a look.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far no problems with Magtech 115gr, I got it local but Sgammo and a few other internet retailers carry it. I was turned on to Magtech when I read a few really positive comments about it in a thread posted by the owner of Battlefield Las Vegas. I've also shot some Magtech 5.56 which was also flawless.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stick with Blazer Brass for all of my 9mm plinking/training needs. I could never get Freedom Munitions to work 100% in my Glock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom