9mm Range Ammo - What Kind, and Where do You Buy it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to chuckle when people say they save money by reloading. I'm guessing you don't consider your time spent reloading to be part of the "cost"? I know some people enjoy reloading, but I can't imagine it's worthwhile if there are other things you'd rather be doing.

(Said by a person with a never-used RCBS reloading setup on his bench seven years and counting)

Back to the OP; I pick up deals on 9mm ammo here and there. I got some 124-grain FMJ Blazer Brass from Atwoods in Vinita last year, when it was on sale for $9 a box.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to chuckle when people say they save money by reloading. I'm guessing you don't consider your time spent reloading to be part of the "cost"? I know some people enjoy reloading, but I can't imagine it's worthwhile if there are other things you'd rather be doing.

(Said by a person with a never-used RCBS reloading setup on his bench seven years and counting)

Back to the OP; I pick up deals on 9mm ammo here and there. I got some 124-grain FMJ Blazer Brass from Atwoods in Vinita last year, when it was on sale for $9 a box.

Exactly what I've found. Once I priced all the equipment and realized the amount of time it would take me, I just bought more ammo. I had about $4K to spend and once I did the math, I bought 4K worth of ammo.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The reason no one counts time is how can you?

I'm salaried, so I can't throw in a couple hours overtime every week and pay for ammo. Getting a second job would kill ALL my time - not to mention be more work, which is part of what I shoot for: de-stressing from one job. Plus, the time I usually spend reloading, is the same time I would be relaxing on the couch watching TV with my wife. I have a mobile loading stand, that I drag into the living room, so my time is still spent "with" her.

I get a chuckle when people talk about "time cost" of reloading. Sure, if you could have billed that hour or two for $30+/hr, then it wasn't worth reloading. The question is would you have billed it? Sure, my hourly pay is way more than I save by reloading, but even if I could have billed it, I wouldn't have.

How much time do people spend trying to find a car, tv, computer, gun etc etc etc cheaper? Was it "worth it"?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I mentioned the time spent reloading, I was talking in terms of what else you might be doing with that time - not necessarily working and bringing home the bacon. Working out, gardening, taking the dogs for a walk, reading a good book, taking in a movie, visiting a flea market, etc. Things you might rather be doing instead of reloading; in those instances, buying factory ammo makes more sense than reloading, even if it costs more in terms of dollars and cents.

Now if you enjoy reloading and can do it safely while multi-tasking, more power to you!

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This lifestyle we have is so much more than just making noise.
Its aquiring the right guns.
Aquiring the right support gear, mags and holsters.
Modifieing said guns.
Working with all the said gear.
Maintenance of said gear.
Crafting high performance ammo for the weapons.
I enjoy it all!!
But when i do buy factory, it is usually just Winchester Q loads in the white box from walfart.

DRBABALLC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local Tulsa Company, free delivery of ammo within Tulsa County. Sell 9MM 115 grain RN / CMJ for .18 cents per round plus tax of course!
Out of stock now but would be willing to load up 2-3 thousand if there is a some interest.

Check website for more calibers and contact information
www.accuratebullet.com

Attachments

• 9MM FB_NB 115.jpg
    9MM FB_NB 115.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Top Bottom