9mm suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of finally getting my first suppressor in a few months and have been researching some options. I want one that will work on centerfire and rimfire so user serviceability is a requirement. I want a 9mm for my first suppressor and have narrowed it down to 4 suppressors in 2 price catagories. I'm not sure if the more expensive titanium suppressors are really worth it. I'll be using these for general plinking probably on .22 a little more than 9mm. Here are my options.

Budget suppressors

Huntertown Arms Guardian 9
Thompson Machine Isis-2

High end suppressors

Liberty Mystic
AAC TiRant 9

What is your opinion on these suppressors? Anything better you would recommend for my application?

Thank you for your help!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you ever plan to use it beyond 9mm & .22LR? Like on a .300BLK or 7.62X39? If so, go with the Mystic. If not, go with the TiRant. Perhaps it's just personal preference, but I absolutely prefer monocores to K baffle stacks. FWIW, I really like the A.S.A.P. system on the AAC cans. My Evo-9 has it and I can regulate point of impact between my threaded barrel with 147's and my non-threaded with 115's, without adjusting the sights. :)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told you. The TiRant .45 would be my second choice for a pistol can. Same price as TiRant 9 only a little longer and you can shoot more stuff through it. But the octane is the bees knees for 9mm cans especially if you're gonna shoot .22 through it. I recommend doing that as little as possible. You run the risk of 9mm pressure knocking lead loose and causing a bore obstruction which can definitely cause a baffle strike.

Drebin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recommend doing that as little as possible. You run the risk of 9mm pressure knocking lead loose and causing a bore obstruction which can definitely cause a baffle strike.

I may get a .22 can in the future but until then I was planning on shooting .22 through it about as much as 9mm. If I clean it good after shooting .22 through it I should be fine right?

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you clean it up after shooting 22, should not be a problem.

Getting it apart after shooting 22... now sometimes that's tricky. Powder and lead get into your threads, between your tube and core, and almost "solder" the can together. I don't know enough about the cans listed above to comment, but a YHM mite needs to be cleaned pretty frequently, if you want it to continue to be a take-down can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom