9mm vs .40sw what to carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Glock 23 has a 9mm conversation barrel, a .357 sig barrel, and an Advantage Arms .22 or slide ($250ish). The .40 S&W is one of the most versatile platforms that’s out their IMO. No need to buy a .22lr.

great for ammo shortages or trigger work on your ccw gun. It loves Remington golden bullet bulk packs.

https://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/AdvantageArms.htm

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew an old Cop once who said the same thing when I brought this up. ;)
Ha!

"Beware the old man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

"An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity."

"A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'"

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

"I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not worthy 🥴🥴

😆😆😆
Arise Sir @$ure$h0t. Get thee a 45. Go now and spread enlightenment throughout the land, sin no more!

1637702054479.png

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I look at it like this, whatever you can control better for follow up shots. I can use either, but the wife is more comfortable with the 9mm. If the shot placement is accurate both will do the job.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 9mm (Glock 43X) daily.

However...that .45 slug to the leg may not kill him or cause him to bleed out, but an old OHP Trooper friend of mine shot a guy in the thigh years ago. It didn't kill him, but it put him down and try as he may, he couldn't stand up because of a shattered femur.

I'm not sure a single 9mm round would do that. Hell, I've seen 9mm rounds that wouldn't put down steel targets.

But...like I said...I carry a 9mm every day without reservation. Well...maybe just a little. :rolleyes2

The bottom line is, no pistol round is indeed a one shot manstopper. The only one shot pistol rounds I would bet money on is a magnum round or maybe the 10mm. But what the hell do I know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom