A 1911 question for all the purists...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno, when I carried a Springfield years and years ago, there would be a lot of times where my love handles would accidentally disengage the thumb safety.
That is precisely why when I fit a thumb safety, I am very careful to leave a little more meat to make sure it is a very positive click on/off safety. I think mine has more to do with being a lefty so there is a safety paddle exposed to bumping outside the holster in addition to the one against my hip. Once I finally get workbenches built in the new garage (lumber prices arent making it too attainable right now) My first plan is to go back and rework the left paddle on my ambi safeties to reduce them a fair amount to keep them operable for weak hand operation, but much less prominent.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is precisely why when I fit a thumb safety, I am very careful to leave a little more meat to make sure it is a very positive click on/off safety. I think mine has more to do with being a lefty so there is a safety paddle exposed to bumping outside the holster in addition to the one against my hip. Once I finally get workbenches built in the new garage (lumber prices arent making it too attainable right now) My first plan is to go back and rework the left paddle on my ambi safeties to reduce them a fair amount to keep them operable for weak hand operation, but much less prominent.
The plunger detent probably should be more of where you get that positive snick. Imo

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we are on 1911s, the other day I went to carry mine even though I have not gotten to fire it yet. Soon I hope.

When I tried to chamber the first round it hit bottom of the feed ramp and stuck. Rest of the rounds fed just fine. I am thinking magazine has an issue but I guess it could be feed ramp. What do you folks think?

I know the 2nd mag that came with it has a dent in the front. I have not tested the new 10rd mag I bought yet but will soon as I get a chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom