A Change in EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I took Grant Cunningham's Threat Centered Revolver course in Phoenix about three years back, he suggested that I might want to try carrying this.

thumbnail_img_0103-jpg.139266

It is an S&W model 610 wheel gun in 10mm Auto /40 S&W. It has been under consideration as an EDC for quite a while, but for myriad reasons I was not able to make the change until recently. I am accurate with it and the weight tends to tame the recoil of the 10mm round. The moon clips make reloading quite fast and the 10mm round's ballistics make me think that it would be a good fight-stopper.

The disadvantages of the package center around the weight and bulk of the revolver itself. There is a lot of weight to carry and for some, the size of the N-frame makes it hard to conceal. I'm a big guy so the size is less of a factor for me than it may be for others.

In any event, I've decided to give the 610 a try as my EDC and see how it works.

Thoughts?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I like a wheel gun but anything bigger than a j frame for me is a no go when so many smaller semi autos are available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom