A Change in EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to EDC something chambered in 10mm. A 4 in. revolver probably wouldn’t have been the first thing that came to mind. I like revolvers, but for EDC, it’s hard to make an argument for one with all of the options, reliability, concealability, and (more importantly) ammo capacity that you get with a modern semi-auto pistol. Personally, I probably would’ve gone with a Glock 29. But, to each, his own. If your setup works better than everything else you’ve tried, I’m all for it.
As I have said here before, I'm better with wheelguns, so it works well for me. I do acknowledge some advantages of semi-autos, capacity being the main one, but I still think that revolvers are superior for me.

I carry several moon clips and can reload them quite rapidly.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having carried the 610 along with various other revolvers in the time since I first posted this thread, I actually found it fairly easy to carry and conceal. I normally wear suspenders anyway, so that was a non-issue as far as this discussion is concerned.

The size and weight of the 610 make the recoil manageable for me and recognizing that NO handgun round is a 100% stopper I still have confidence that the 10 mm cartridge will do its' part if I do mine should I be involved in a social encounter, which I fervently hope that I am not.

So, I have decided that the 610 will have a place in my carry rotation, along with my 681, 986 and possibly the 627 that I have had for several years.

It was an interesting discussion

busterheiney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you want to limit yourself to 6 rounds in a gunfight? Not considering speed loaders, which require way more manipulation and precise control than a magazine in an already stressful situation, the likelihood of hitting your target increases with the amount of lead put downrange. Most folks aren't highly trained and combat ready, even if they do have prior military or LE experience. If I'm in that situation, I'm relying on everything I have and trying to give myself every single advantage possible. Nothing against revolvers. I have some as well and they're fun to shoot, but they never get carried for daily use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom