A Change in EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that hard to load a wheelgun with one hand. I've done it a few times in the past. I do need to practice it more. Thanks for the reminder.

You missed my drift!

You are a one arm man with a wheel gun, you face off with a one arm man with a semi small double stack.

He has twice the rounds and his is easier to load with only one arm!

So why carry an inferior weapon as a Daily? When you could carry the more superior one with twice the rounds and easier to load!

But again, carry what you like, afford and shoot the best! I love wheel guns, but not as a carry. My free 2 cents!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You missed my drift!

You are a one arm man with a wheel gun, you face off with a one arm man with a semi small double stack.

He has twice the rounds and his is easier to load with only one arm!

So why carry an inferior weapon as a Daily? When you could carry the more superior one with twice the rounds and easier to load!

But again, carry what you like, afford and shoot the best! I love wheel guns, but not as a carry. My free 2 cents!
Assuming, for the sake of argument, that a semi-auto is easier to load with one hand, I have two hands, so your premise is hypothetical.

Granted, the auto has an advantage capacity-wise, but I am better with wheelguns than I am with semi-autos, so, to me, the revolver is still the superior EDC.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you waiting for me to agree with you?

What you say is true, insofar as any handgun round goes. You are also correct in saying that what really counts is where you hit not what you hit with. About the only advantage the bigger rounds have is a slight increase in the margin for error. Even though it has been a while since I have done any shooting, (and I have got to get back into it) I am a pretty fair shot with revolvers. My 610 is reliable with a very smooth action, and in the past, I was pretty accurate with it.

This is something of an experiment. Other N-frames I have carried worked well in the shooting department, so I have no reason to think that my 610 won't do as well as they did.
Agree, don’t agree. Whatever floats your boat. You asked for thoughts, I said them

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Me too. I've always said that there are two types of fat boys...those that wear suspenders and those that should.
I agree though I do not wear them all the time. Suspenders prevent two of the great crimes of our time. Old man pants or plumbers crack. Wear suspenders to position your pants correctly, belt to support your holster.

Old man pants.jpg
plumbers crack.jpg

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an article from Ayoob on the 10 MM for what it's worth.

https://gunsmagazine.com/ammo/the-rise-fall-and-rise-of-the-10mm/
If I had to EDC something chambered in 10mm. A 4 in. revolver probably wouldn’t have been the first thing that came to mind. I like revolvers, but for EDC, it’s hard to make an argument for one with all of the options, reliability, concealability, and (more importantly) ammo capacity that you get with a modern semi-auto pistol. Personally, I probably would’ve gone with a Glock 29. But, to each, his own. If your setup works better than everything else you’ve tried, I’m all for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom