1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

A Classified relisting problem

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by tRidiot, Oct 14, 2016.

1. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So I responded to this ad:

http://www.okshooters.com/threads/item-gone-fs-norinco-sks-w-500rds.233018/

As you can see at the top, it says:

Item Gone: FS NORINCO SKS w/500rds

So.... the seller apparently had it listed orginally with 500 rounds of ammo, it wasn't selling, so he relisted it, and he changed the title and body to remove the ammo, and dropped the price. But what I saw on the main Classifieds forum/subforum listing page (with all the threads) was "FS NORINCO SKS w/500rds". At the very top of the ad, it said, "FS NORINCO SKS w/500rds" but under that, in the ad itself, it said, "FS Norinco SKS".

I believe this is caused by the relisting feature which allows you to edit the title and body, but doesn't actually change the title in the forum listing, but only in the actual post.

This caused some consternation for me. I had a friend pick up the rifle from RYCOM405 a couple of weeks ago and I just met up with them and took possession last night. When there was no ammo, I was confused and PM'd him and he said he sold the ammo separately and it didn't come with my purchase.

I'm not upset with him - looking at the ad and his thread history, it's obvious to me what happened - he relisted, changed the title and changed the body, but didn't specifically say, "The ammo is no longer part of this sale, price now dropped to $$$." He didn't think he needed to, because he thought the title would be changed, and it was changed in 1 place, but not changed in 2 other places. So, I buy a rifle thinking I am getting 500 rounds of ammo with it, too, but I don't.

Just a heads' up... letting you know. I don't like this relisting feature, honestly. I didn't before this, as all these repeat ads show up as new ads, and I look for new ones. In this case it led to some confusion and me thinking I was getting something I was not. I'm just disappointed, is all, I thought I picked up a smoking hot deal, turns out it was ok, just a pretty decent deal (I guess).

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed or not.

2. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm pretty sure I noticed the same thing not long after the change. I just quit relisting and started bumping like we used to do. Relisting strips uploaded photos (and maybe reply posts) too, or at least it did.

3. Badger308

Badger308 Marksman

I don't like the relist feature either. If it didn't sell, maybe the price being over retail for a used item was simply not enticing and it needs to go to the bottom of the pile anyway!