A few Form 1/ SBR Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dionysusigma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting ready to make a dream rifle of mine, a Mk.18 Mod 0. I've ordered from the BATFE website: two form 1s, two fingerprint cards, and two 5330.20s (which I'd never read until about an hour ago of needing, but ordered anyway). I've got my stripped lower, I know of an engraver who can do the work, and I'm going to Walgreens in the next couple of days for the photos.

What I'm wondering is:
1) I live in Oklahoma County. Exactly how do I get Whetsel to sign off on the forms? How do I get them to him, and how long does it take for me to get them back? Any costs?

2) How is the whole fingerprint thing done? I've got my CCW, so is it like that? It's been a while since I got it, and don't remember the exact process. Is there any fee associated with this?

I've never done this before. And, since it's a 10.5" AR I'm wanting, I'm probably going to need a suppressor, too... :uhh: Is the process for a Form 4 more-or-less the same?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could fill out the form 1s on line and print them out. Same with the 5330.20 (you only need one copy of this BTW). I also have the fingerprint cards if you need them.

Not sure on the OK County stuff. I have several customers that have used him before so I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you about that.

Form 4 process is the same basically.

Link to electronic forms.

www.class3designs.com/links/atf-nfa

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only need one 5320.20 form for the application packet. Make sure the fingerprint cards have the BATFE's ORI number on them. When you take the cards and forms down there, make sure the SHERIFF signs the form, NOT the UNDERSHERIFF. My son had one kicked back not long ago because of this.

Dionysusigma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could've sworn I read somewhere that undersheriffs were okay, so long as it was explicitly stated in the box that they had been given representative privileges to sign for the sheriff and that the sheriff's name was included. From what I've gathered, Whetsel will sign off no problem so it's a moot point, but still...

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To get Whetsel's signature, you walk into the jail, they'll take the paperwork behind the glass and give it to him. They may send you to his secretary and she'll take it. Then they'll call you to come pick it up after he's signed it. I've never had them signed while I waited but maybe that's just me.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in and told them what I needed. They send you down stairs and you tell them you need some ATF paperwork signed, a background check and fingerprints (I did mine there). They require a background check before Whetsel will sign it. Everyone was very courteous. It wasn't bad at all once you get out of the lobby.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could've sworn I read somewhere that undersheriffs were okay, so long as it was explicitly stated in the box that they had been given representative privileges to sign for the sheriff and that the sheriff's name was included. From what I've gathered, Whetsel will sign off no problem so it's a moot point, but still...

That is true. However in my sons case the form didn't indicate that the Undersheriff was an approved designee. It was filled out improperly by the sheriff's office and the Undersheriff signed it and BATFE kicked it back and he had to go get it signed again.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in and told them what I needed. They send you down stairs and you tell them you need some ATF paperwork signed, a background check and fingerprints (I did mine there). They require a background check before Whetsel will sign it. Everyone was very courteous. It wasn't bad at all once you get out of the lobby.

I did the exact same thing. Took maybe 2 or 3 days for them to call me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom