A Few Knives...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off...I'm not a knife a collector and these are all just knives that I've bought for specific purposes or happened into them and bought them just because they were a good deal.

The Buck Vanguard 100 year Anniversary was my first hunting knife, I chose it because it was the anniversary edition and had a gut hook and was a Buck and was a great looking knife. I had never used a gut hook before so I was just guessing and at the time I was extremely new to deer hunting altogether. Turned out I tried the gut hook and it didn't really work that well, of course I could been doing it wrong LOL. Other than that the knife has proven to work great and be quite the lucky knife. Seems every time I carried it, myself or someone in the group arrowed a deer. I have babied that knife and she and the sheath are still in excellent condition.

The giant Uncle Henry folding bowie (they actually call them that) was a gift from a friend when I said I liked it after seeing it in a display. It's an actual made in USA early '80s vintage 227UH, not one of the many fakes and cheap reproductions. Obviously it's in brand new condition, the sheath/case has weathered all the wear, which hasn't been much when you consider the age. I never had use for it, I liked the look of it and I keep it for sentimental reasons. They have gone up significantly in price since then and one in this condition is all but impossible to find. I still love the knife.

The small Cold Steel Ti Lite knife is one great little knife. I'm not sure why I bought it but I'm really glad I did, it's been far more useful than I expected a "dagger" style knife to be.

The big Colt Steel Ti Lite is a beast. It's the model with the billet aluminum scales and even folded it's one seriously impressive weapon, unfolded it's just terrifying. I bought it because I loved the little one so much but, honestly, I don't have much use for it. Would be great for someone who traveled and wanted to carry a really big knife that can fold down to half it's size and still be used as a very effective weapon folded. It's just sitting in the safe now, still brand new.

The Ka Bar Cutlass machete/giant knife was because I wanted something to work as a machete but more compact for my bug out bag. This beast is awesome. It has a very thick carbon steel blade and will hack through a barn in no time flat as long as your arm holds out. It's still dirty from it getting used to hack down some brush and I didn't realize it was dirty until I pulled it out.

The Ka Bar "fighting knife" I bought because I liked the color and I wanted a full size "outdoor/survival" knife that I could carry or keep in my bug out bag. I trust Ka Bar and for the cost they are hard to beat in my opinion. It's a great knife even if I never actually get to use it or the rest of them.

The Gerber LMF II Survival knife sold itself...it's just nice and should the time ever come where such a thing is needed, this Gerber will definitely do it to it. It also came with a seatbelt/cord/strap/whatever cutter that is in the bug out bag also.

The M9 bayonet is brand spankin new, as in never used, in new condition from Ontario Knife Company. I got it for a great price and I wanted to build an M16 clone rifle so I figured it would look good on there in a display someday maybe. Basically one of those things I bought because the price was right, not for any specific reason.

The DPx HEST Original I bought with the intention of using as a neck knife but it was just a bit too big/heavy for that use. After looking it over I saw it was a very, very nice knife and I've kept it just in case I may find a use for it. It is an excellent knife.

The little fork/knife/spoon thing was sort of a novelty that I thought was cool. It is a Ka Bar and stainless which is cool plus it comes completely apart so you can use each utensil independently. It reminded me of all the crazy camping related gizmos that I saw growing up except that this was actually really well built and designed.

The little blue folder and pink folder are Buck assisted opening knives that are my "carry" knives that I usually have on me for day to day stuff. They are fantastic little knives and I'm a huge fan :)

The tiny little folder is cutest little knife ever. It's a Kershaw Grant County and it really is tiny but it's also very well built and very solid. You would think such a little knife would be flimsy and cheap but this Kershaw is built really well, just a tiny version of a big lock blade.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_f_fc_Ward_Bond_in_The_Searchers_trailer.jpg

Girl, watch that knife!
:D

Nice collection, be it a collection or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom