A Few More Watch Repairs - Pic Heavy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good. Have you thought about getting a laminar flow bench at some point? Or something to set yours up like one?
Not really. I keep all of the parts covered, and thoroughly clean the work surface before I reassemble the watches. There isn't usually any time between cleaning and reassembly. Once everything has been dried, it is put into covered parts bins and assembly begins right then. I do my best to avoid any contamination, and the microscope really helps a lot. Thus far I'm getting pretty good results, at least my timegrapher thinks so! The parts only come out of the covered bins when it is time to install them, and everything is doublechecked with the optic during assembly.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It cleans up pretty nice!! The faceted crystal really is something else on this watch. It distorts it in the photo, but when viewing it while wearing, everything is easy to read. Pretty cool I think.
1662843202550.png

After 4 weeks of international shipping time, the bezel for the 1974 Seiko 7006-8190R arrived today.

image.png.0100814f99ac74909d2b67108d72262d.png

There was some surface spots on the bezel, which I was able to remove by using some glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. It took quite a bit of scrubbing, but I was able to clean it up pretty well without damaging any of the plating. There is only a hint of a spot visible around the 10 o'clock position on the bezel. Aside from the few marks on the dial that I could not remove with Rodico, this thing is in great shape now. I just didn't want to risk potentially damaging the dial by using a more aggressive means of cleaning it. Now that I'm looking at the photo I realized that I never pushed the crown back in after setting the time when I took the photo. It's bugging me now, but I don't want to go and take another picture!

I so pleased to see these going. I'll order some straps for these this weekend, and by the time I return from my work trip next week, hopefully they'll have arrived.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom