A good .22LR revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a little Colt Peacemaker in 22lr and it's a lot of fun to shoot and it's more accurate than I am. I know Colt typically means pricey but these little 22s often sell in the same range & less than the 617.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W K-frame .22's are top quality and long lasting. If you are going to shoot it a lot consider a gently used older one. The Model 17 is a 6"; the 18 is a 4". 17's are much more common. Be sure it hasn't been dry fired enough to bugger up the cylinder charge holes. The gun is tightly fitted and should have about a .0015 cylinder gap. All the parts of the gun with the exception of the hammer and the firing pin mechanism will interchange with all other S&W K-frames.

If you want a blued finished one to last longer in heavy outdoor use consider coating it with a high quality non-abrasive wax.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The S&W K-frame .22's are top quality and long lasting. If you are going to shoot it a lot consider a gently used older one. The Model 17 is a 6"; the 18 is a 4". 17's are much more common. Be sure it hasn't been dry fired enough to bugger up the cylinder charge holes. The gun is tightly fitted and should have about a .0015 cylinder gap. All the parts of the gun with the exception of the hammer and the firing pin mechanism will interchange with all other S&W K-frames.

If you want a blued finished one to last longer in heavy outdoor use consider coating it with a high quality non-abrasive wax.

Someday I'm gettin' a SW Model 18.....I passed on two so far, and could kick my butt

searay461

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked this Smith 48-2 22mag for 700.00, pricey but one of the sweetest shooting revolvers

Attachments

• SW 48-2.jpg
    SW 48-2.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 108

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 2 ruger sp101-22s and they are a nice 22 except the trigger pull is about 16 pounds from the factory.If you put in a wolf 12 pound spring it helps a lot. I would trade them both for a nice K22 if I had the chance.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"if" and that's a big if, one finds a good one they are jewel bypassed by the people who believe all the bashers spout without taking the time to inspect each individual pistol they're interested in.

I agree with you as well.

That used 94 I bought and gifted away,,,
Was as good a shooter and as slick in its action as my S&W Model 63 or Model 18.

If I see another and it checks out like that last one did,,,
I will buy it if the price is right.

I'm always looking for decent SA/DA revolvers,,,
They make great graduation gifts.

Aarond

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted a 4” 617 10 shot for years. Finally got one last August.

If you want Single Action, Ruger is the only way to go. And you get cylinders for lr and magnum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom