A great, but HORRIBLE day hunting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story! Anyone that bow hunts will eventually have it happen. Bow hunting can be the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It can all happen in the blink of an eye! Just some advice, I would never shoot at a deer at 40 or 50 yards. Too many things can go wrong and you could have a repeat of what happened.
You had me rolling with the part about the coyote!
Great story!

Scott

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story, I just hope I see something other than squirrels this year, public land is all i got. I should try bow, but you can buy a nice azz gun for what a bow plus all the extras run

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great story, I am glad you shared with us. I lost my first deer with a bow last year. Still not sure what happened because it looked like a good shot but there was little blood and no deer. So It can happen to anyone and I guarantee it is something you will learn from. And I tell people the exact same thing, "I hope this feeling never stops" I still get excited seeing does but at least I can keep from shaking on does and small bucks now.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Last year I pulled a shot and put it under a doe that was only 15 yards away! I was happy it was a clean miss, sucks to leave one wounded, but how the heck do you miss at 15 yards! lol. Thanks for telling us about it!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man that adrenaline will kick you in the butt! I'm decently accurate from 25 yards and to have missed by like 20" was very heart breaking. I watched what would've been the biggest deer I've ever shot, disappear before my eyes.. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom