"A grim Independence Day weekend in Chicago was marred by violence, with at least 95 people shot and 16 dead"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone tapped on the aquarium glass.

1625717092437.png

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Driving into Chi-town on 55, looking at each side of the road, that's about what I'd expect. Just like Tulsa, there are some areas virtually crime-free, others resemble war zones.

I really think there's a common denominator, but I just can't quite figure it out.

In any case, if you find yourself in Chicago go to Chinatown....Joy Yee Noodle. I once drove up there just to eat.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving into Chi-town on 55, looking at each side of the road, that's about what I'd expect. Just like Tulsa, there are some areas virtually crime-free, others resemble war zones.

I really think there's a common denominator, but I just can't quite figure it out.

In any case, if you find yourself in Chicago go to Chinatown....Joy Yee Noodle. I once drove up there just to eat.

We had to go to Chicago in 2019 to meet up with one of the company techs to fix a problem on our work van. All we did was drive to O'Hare Airport to pick him up, find a parking lot where he could do the fix, and then drop him off at Midway airport. Then back out of Chicago to Indiana. We told the tech that if there was EVER another issue where a similar meet-up had to happen, there were numerous airports in Indiana that would be easier to get to.

And, since I don't care for Asian foods, I'll still pass on Chinatown in ANY city.

But, thanks for the tip. Someone might find it beneficial.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd think some politician would suddenly develop a smidgeon of intelligence and figure it's not us but the bad guys that kill people and go after them. But with Lightfoot running the show that's not likely to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom