A Heart Warming Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the wife to dinner last evening, not for anything special but just because we didn't feel like cooking. Went to a place called Cowboy Chicken in Sherman, TX. Again, nothing special just a decent rotisserie chicken joint.

After ordering our meal and finding a suitable table (I have issues with seating arrangements in restaurants). We sat down, held hands and gave a blessing as we always do. When I opened my eyes I saw the young waitress walking away from our table with our food. She had obviously walked up in the middle of our blessing and stepped away as not to disturb us.

Noticing we had finished, she picked up our plates and promptly returned to the table to serve us. Upon her return I noticed her eyes were glassy and tears rolled down her cheeks. Being a father to a daughter and an over protective person by nature, I asked if she was okay. She place the plates on the table, immediately wiped her eyes and we could tell she was a bit embarrassed by the emotion she was showing. She nodded her head to indicate she was alright but I once again asked, "Are you sure? If there is something I can do just let me know."

Her reply shocked me to say the least..."You guys made me cry." (The look on my wife's and my face must have been priceless.) She went on to say that in all the time she had worked in that place she had never experienced anyone openly giving thanks for the blessings in their life and praying aloud like you would at home.

I must admit, that brief interaction with this young lady has made me think maybe all is not lost on the generations to follow.

May God bless you each and everyone this Holiday Season and may all who believe hold tight to your convictions.

There is still hope!!

Merry Christmas to you. I feel as if my wishes were in part already answered.

Edited for completion.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You never know how your actions might impact someone or affect their life. That moment might have been all she needed to steer her down the right path in life.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hats off to you Sir.. "All" is not lost, just the majority.. Ya'll came upon one that had heart, soul and faith in, but they are few and far between.. Heart warming read, Thank you and a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours.. Tim..

Latest posts

Top Bottom