A Huge thank you to a great guy Lasher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just tried the tumbler, given to me my lasher the great, using dry cat litter. Very good results. Bolt was in horrible condition but now looks pretty darn good with the cat litter vs the green crap I bought at Harbor Freight. Going to try silica sand tomorrow and later aquarium sand/reptile sand. Think I will find the best of all worlds and sort of mix a few together and see what happens.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used some Lizard sand in my tumbler. Did pretty good. Think I will try a combination of a couple next time.
This is after about 45 minutes in the tumbler with the L sand.
Tumbler with lizard sand.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you got a tumbler to clean up old bolts?
I got a tumbler to do whatever I want to tumble. Ha! I was testing it on a bolt that was in the worst shape possible, to test a few different media. Purposely picked up this bolt that had been in the gravel driveway of a garage for a few years.
Going to use it to clean small parts on a motorcycle restoration. But will use it on anything that will fit into it, including brass when I get my reloading set up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom