A little chat about TSA locks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So TSA locks talked about by a guy who does security penetration testing. He says he uses an Assa Abloy when he travels with a firearm BTW because TSA locks suck. BTW some foul language here so if you are easily offended don't click play.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TSA locks are not to be used to lock up firearms. So why even make a video with nothing useful to say?

Sadly some people do it. I know someone on here posted about using a TSA lock at one point. And I have seen other people lock up stuff with them as well thinking they were decent locks.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
§ 1540.113
(c) In checked baggage. A passenger may not transport or offer for trans- port in checked baggage or in baggage carried in an inaccessible cargo hold under § 1562.23 of this chapter:
(1) Any loaded firearm(s).
(2) Any unloaded firearm(s) unless— (i) The passenger declares to the air-
craft operator, either orally or in writ- ing, before checking the baggage, that the passenger has a firearm in his or her bag and that it is unloaded;
(ii) The firearm is unloaded;
(iii) The firearm is carried in a hard- sided container; and
(iv) The container in which it is car- ried is locked, and only the passenger retains the key or combination.
(3) Any unauthorized explosive or in- cendiary.
(d) Ammunition. This section does not prohibit the carriage of ammunition in checked baggage or in the same con- tainer as a firearm. Title 49 CFR part 175 provides additional requirements governing carriage of ammunition on aircraft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom