A little refrigerator rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife talked me into buying a new refrigerator, side by side, stainless steel what ever. Nothing wrong with out 13 year old one, I guess it was a new color thing. Oh well. So we have this new whirlpool fridge delivered, didn’t take me 15 min to install. First of all, manual said to let run for 24 hours before putting anything into it, ok not a problem. 24 hours go buy and I move groceries from old to new. 24 hours later (48 hours total) this thing hasn’t dropped any ice. Well I checked the manual and I said it’s normal. Wtf 48 hours later?? So flash forward 2 months, this thing only drops ice every two and a half hours, 8 cudes total. So I called in on warranty, out came a guy to look at it. After ten minutes of him looking at my machine he told me all looked good. Asked him about dropping a tray of ice every 2.5 hours and he said yup, its normal. He then tells me that ALL refrigerator companies turn down the time and the ice maker inside the fridge is only there for a convenient! He then said it’s away for them to make me buy a new under the counter ice maker. Lol, no sex for the wife for 6 months

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife talked me into buying a new refrigerator, side by side, stainless steel what ever. Nothing wrong with out 13 year old one, I guess it was a new color thing. Oh well. So we have this new whirlpool fridge delivered, didn’t take me 15 min to install. First of all, manual said to let run for 24 hours before putting anything into it, ok not a problem. 24 hours go buy and I move groceries from old to new. 24 hours later (48 hours total) this thing hasn’t dropped any ice. Well I checked the manual and I said it’s normal. Wtf 48 hours later?? So flash forward 2 months, this thing only drops ice every two and a half hours, 8 cudes total. So I called in on warranty, out came a guy to look at it. After ten minutes of him looking at my machine he told me all looked good. Asked him about dropping a tray of ice every 2.5 hours and he said yup, its normal. He then tells me that ALL refrigerator companies turn down the time and the ice maker inside the fridge is only there for a convenient! He then said it’s away for them to make me buy a new under the counter ice maker. Lol, no sex for the wife for 6 months
We always keep a bag of ice in the garage freezer if needed. Our french door ice maker does about the same. We aren't big ice users so it pretty well keeps up with our needs.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay away from Samsung. Their ice setup is a total washout. Never will own another
I sued Samsung in small claims court after months of back and forth on a warranty claim and my attorney son wiped their assistant manager out in front of the judge. Judge sent us aside to "settle" and I offered to settle for 1/2 of the lawsuit amount. Snot nosed assistant manager refused so back to the bench we went. Judge awarded me all I sued for plus attorney fees and court costs. Will never buy another Samsung appliance again. Terrible product and worse customer treatment.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sued Samsung in small claims court after months of back and forth on a warranty claim and my attorney son wiped their assistant manager out in front of the judge. Judge sent us aside to "settle" and I offered to settle for 1/2 of the lawsuit amount. Snot nosed assistant manager refused so back to the bench we went. Judge awarded me all I sued for plus attorney fees and court costs. Will never buy another Samsung appliance again. Terrible product and worse customer treatment.
My son in the DFW area does appliance repair. Samsung, and the other foreign made appliances fail often with parts almost impossible to get for repairs. If they can get the repair parts, how long can you go without a fridge?
He says to go with the GE, Maytag, or whatever as most are built in two or three factories with different names and parts are readily available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom