A little refrigerator rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Modern side by side refrigerators are designed with automatic defrost systems controlled by computer processors. Unfortunately, the sensors that monitor box temperatures are usually placed immediately adjacent to the evaporation coils where they can become encased in ice in such situations as when a refrigerator door is left open. In these situations, the processors continue to receive data indicating a cold refrigerator box because the sensor is covered in ice even though the box itself becomes too warm to store food. The only refrigerators that are designed and built for reliability (such as Sub Zero) are inordinately expensive <$15K. Another design factor that would improve the efficiency of consumer grade refrigerators would be to relocate condensation coils and compressors on top of the units. This reduces the accumulation of dust on the coils and components where heat is exchanged. This would also keep warm components above refrigerator boxes so that heat can rise away from the units without passing around the cold areas. This is just my opinion and I’m sticking to it…..
If I remember correctly, back in the day when refrigerators were first coming online to the public, the condenser coils were on top of the unit in the pictures I saw.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, back in the day when refrigerators were first coming online to the public, the condenser coils were on top of the unit in the pictures I saw.
I’ve seen those pictures as well, but always thought they just retro fitted the condenser parts where the blocks of Ice use to go.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys will never believe this. So my wife and mother went shopping today, just got home as a matter of a fact, she informed me that lowes is gonna be delivering a new washer and dryer Tuesday. You can’t make this crap up!! Not a damn thing wrong with the old set other than, yup the color!! These are made by Samsung. 32 years of being married and I’ve totally lost my man card. Just because Im retired and she still works makes her think she wears the pants.. Im gonna be ordering a Chastity belt. No lie..
Repairman told me their washers and dryers are much better than their refrigerators.

Latest posts

Top Bottom