A minor gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are talking the European Union?
Yes. They're a primary reason that Android phones standardized on MicroUSB and, later, USB-C for the charging port. Prior to the EU forced standardization on MicroUSB, it was the Wild West on cellphone power connectors--everybody used a different, proprietary, incompatible-with-everyone-else connector.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When ours quit I went to Hawn Appliances bought a new one with installation. They came out, removed the old one, installed the new one and hauled the old one off while I sat on the couch.
My lawn mower was 11 years old, and I was working on it, more than mowing with it. Both my neighbors bought new $8,500.00+ fancy zero turn mowers. I'm older than dirt and hate to mow in hot weather. I called a lawn service for an estimate, and they offered to mow and trim my yard for $75.00 each mowing. I'm not, very sharp. but if you divide $75.00 into $8,500.00 plus interest payed, or lost, plus parts and maintenance cost, I can have my yard mowed and trimed for 10 years+, for less than the news mower cost! In 10 years I would have to start over, because the mower would be worn out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom