A minor gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My lawn mower was 11 years old, and I was working on it, more than mowing with it. Both my neighbors bought new $8,500.00+ fancy zero turn mowers. I'm older than dirt and hate to mow in hot weather. I called a lawn service for an estimate, and they offered to mow and trim my yard for $75.00 each mowing. I'm not, very sharp. but if you divide $75.00 into $8,500.00 plus interest payed, or lost, plus parts and maintenance cost, I can have my yard mowed and trimed for 10 years+, for less than the news mower cost! In 10 years I would have to start over, because the mower would be worn out!
Boy do I wished that was true for our place. I was quoted $475.00 when I asked the lawn service that does the church next door. I mow about 7.5 acres and yes I have one of those $8000.00+ zero turns plus a 45 HP tractor with a 7 foot flail mower on the back. Still takes me most of a day to mow the whole place.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy do I wished that was true for our place. I was quoted $475.00 when I asked the lawn service that does the church next door. I mow about 7.5 acres and yes I have one of those $7000.00 zero turns plus a 45 HP tractor with a 7 foot flail mower on the back. Still takes me most of a day to mow the whole place.
I just mow about a half acre lawn. but there are a lot of trees and stuff to trim around! . If you are in the Tulsa area, I live south west of Sand Springs, call Jacob of, The Lawn Guys of South Tulsa. They do a great job for us, 918 261 8828. I even quit brush hogging the rest of our land, I now have a guy that bales it a couple of times a year for the hay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom