A more "Civil" thread about manufacturing your own silencer. Hey Dustin??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you make K baffles on your lathe? I saw a video on youtube where a guy was making them and it looked like he was using a regular matal lathe to do it. My point here is that if I sent a form 1 in and got approved to make my own can, could I bringyou the aluminum for the baffles and we do them together. Thanks.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure DG would be willing to help out for lets say your vote and help on getting a hunting with suppressors bill passed!!!!!!!!

Higgi, I think most people that make their own suppressor have access to the machines to do all the work, they like to create their own designs, and want something unique. It will probably take quite a bit of time to actually build all the parts. I don't think the materials (depending on what you use) are the big part of the pricing. It is the R&D, labor and machines that actually go into building all the parts. Good thing is if you are not pleased with your design and its performance, you can create a new design, destroy your existing baffles and build you some new baffles for your suppressor.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
higgimw said:
Thanks for the info sir. I'll save us all the trouble and buy one eventually. Cheers.

You are welcome. DG can help you with that purchase as well but you better think about getting one before that little girl of yours starts taking up too much of your expendable income!! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom