A more "Civil" thread about manufacturing your own silencer. Hey Dustin??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you make K baffles on your lathe? I saw a video on youtube where a guy was making them and it looked like he was using a regular matal lathe to do it. My point here is that if I sent a form 1 in and got approved to make my own can, could I bringyou the aluminum for the baffles and we do them together. Thanks.

Yes sir we could do it. To do the angled cuts that you need a mill is a must also for making K baffles.

You could save some money making your own, but the trade off normally is that it is larger, heavier, louder, less durable, longer. You can trade cost for any amount of those other options you want. Sometimes you end up taking them all which is the downfall of building one off suppressors. Like I was saying in the other thread, IMO, the key to making awesome silencers is trial and error. The form 1 process makes that pretty tough. Not saying you can't make one that will suppress the gun, but you're not gonna be making one to compete with any of the big boys for sure.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one is made from exhaust pipe and freeze plugs.

[Broken External Image]

Inside:

i292.photobucket.com_albums_mm9_ActionYobbo_offfreezeplugs_01.jpg

i292.photobucket.com_albums_mm9_ActionYobbo_onfreezeplugs_01.jpg

Here's a link:

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19231

Can you weld? It was $20 in materials and the $200 tax. Read all the pages.

Last edited:

marksmandcs

Marksman
Reaction score
If you build one from scratch you'd better make sure you don't have any spart parts laying around. Even an unfinished or trash baffle laying in a trash can can get you in trouble. If you mess up a baffle and have to start over, destroy it before continuing. If you forget about it and the ATF decides to be jerks and audit you, they could get you for that extra baffle if its not part of your finished can. Even though this is highly unlikely, be cautious as there is more ways to trip up this way. I'd personally just buy a can. You'll be much happier with the performance and you won't have to worry about missing a legal step.

Latest posts

Top Bottom