A new low for the VA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not true for the Oklahoma VA hospital. I was there the other day and was given cards from children that had hand written notes such as, Jesus loves you. Was a nice gesture...made me smile.

That is good to know. Funny, though... that the policy is enforced differently at different facilities.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Methinks it's yet another internet legend....or isolated to a single VA hospital. More information is needed.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not true for the Oklahoma VA hospital. I was there the other day and was given cards from children that had hand written notes such as, Jesus loves you. Was a nice gesture...made me smile.

Great to hear that. I have heard of things like this at a few eastern VA hospitals but nothing one way or the other here.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad this isn't true in Oklahoma at least, wow Texas gets more liberal with every news story!!

There is a real effort being made by the lefties to turn Texas liberal. They are moving so many out of work easterners to Texas. With it, CA, NY, etc they can pretty well control the WH.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Methinks it's yet another internet legend....or isolated to a single VA hospital. More information is needed.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...-merry-christmas-cards/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn
Not an internet legend, but could be an isolated incident.
The article states "That's great. We're thrilled to have them, except the only thing is, we can't accept anything that says ‘Merry Christmas' or ‘God bless you' or any scriptural references because of all the red tape.'"

What possible red tape could be required?
Scary times we are a livin in.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What possible red tape could be required?
Most likely, none, but this is the same VA that will screw over a veteran for years, finally decide to provide benefits as he's dying from a service-related condition, then, after his death, take back every cent they deposited into his account (regardless of the fact that his estate had already used some of the money to cover his final expenses)...

Latest posts

Top Bottom