A new take on the Dark Tower's Gunslinger's revolvers, Talo Vaquero Birdshead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright so it should be fairly common knowledge that I am a huge fan of The Dark Tower, up to and including the point of two tattoos and a wall of memorabilia.
I also have some sandalwood lookalike grips on my 1911 (unfinished maple).

Yesterday, Talo released a new Vaquero that immediately made me think of Roland's big iron with the sandalwood grips. This photo is directly from Talo's website.
small26774-2015e1a0-5da.jpg

I can clearly see woodgrain in those grips, not to mention the rest of the Vaq is just beautiful.
I immediately started searching for pricing, and one popped up for sale on GB yesterday evening(873032433), but there's something different about it. The grips are wrong.
Screenshot_2020-07-01-20-21-39.png

Now there's no woodgrain at all, and they are advertised as Ivorylite, which Google tells me is 100% polymer.
With faux ivory grips, it's just another six shooter, with the big difference being the fact that I'm no longer interested in spending $900+.
Without the grips, I could just buy ANY six shooter and get some maple grips ordered, but something about the whole deal just soured it for me.
The case hardening for Talo is done by Tyler Gun Works, who in my opinion is the best in the nation.
It's still beautiful, but it's no longer screaming BUY ME to me.

I welcome any and all thoughts and opinions, and I'll finish the thread with my own personal 45 with "sandalwood" grips.
20200302_152544_HDR-1.jpg
20200302_142148_HDR-1.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the series and was sorely disappointed when they tried to cram the story into one movie. Hope S. King gets someone to make a series that really gets into the whole story.
As usual with King the characters were outstanding and the story was epic ............. maybe it is time ti read it again LOL

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the series and was sorely disappointed when they tried to cram the story into one movie. Hope S. King gets someone to make a series that really gets into the whole story.
As usual with King the characters were outstanding and the story was epic ............. maybe it is time ti read it again LOL
You don't know what you're missing if you haven't read the 20ish graphic novels that Marvel did too. I think I like them more than the books.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are fine looking handguns!

I loved the Dark Towers / Gunslinger series of books, but the movie sucked ass. I really like Idris Elba as an actor, but whoever cast him for the part of Roland should be given a swift kick in the nards. It was probably the same damned idiot who thought Tom Cruise could ever play Jack Reacher.

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah comic books. no wonder I didn’t know. I like females
I don't have any comic books I have graphic compilation books.
Haha
No, but seriously. Each book is a rebinding and high quality reprinting of 5-15 comic books.
So, technicality

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom