A protective order has been requested against Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think you might need to review what you said. You JUST said that he should be automatically suspended or dismissed. (Post 73)
Yeah sorry that was a typo I meant did. I did type more but my phone deleted it... strange
Now the counter argument makes no sense. I said nothing about playing football.... I'm talking about due process, of which you want to ignore. Of which the notion of "due process" is quite visible within The Constitution. Granted the OU administration can do as they please to a degree, but as gun owners we should at the very least appreciate the concept.

It’s inferred... You posed an argument equating an organization punishing a football player based on false accusations to person losing their gun rights based on false allegations. You’re comparing apples and oranges (I do realize you said nothing about apples or oranges). What I am saying is I believe in due process and a fair trial when it comes to constitutional rights and the court of law, but not organizational discipline. I’m not saying it’s right or fair but an institution has the right to make that decision.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
pediaa.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_11_Difference_Between_imply_and_infer_infographic_730x1024.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like rape victims need to be aware of their part in the situation? Way to blame the victim.

Whores!!! They put themselves in that situation. They're almost as bad as gunstore owners that don't lock up their guns!!

It’s inferred... You posed an argument equating an organization punishing a football player based on false accusations to person losing their gun rights based on false allegations. You’re comparing apples and oranges (I do realize you said nothing about apples or oranges). What I am saying is I believe in due process and a fair trial when it comes to constitutional rights and the court of law, but not organizational discipline. I’m not saying it’s right or fair but an institution has the right to make that decision.

In terms of due process standards I've been pretty consistent and the relevance is definitely there. Now if you want to cherry pick and say well.... the law should have due process but a PUBLIC academic entity should be able to apply whatever punishment they see fit, then by all means. I'm gonna have to stick with the notion that this odd bias is brought on by whom the player is and who he plays for. Out of curiosity, do these "punishment" situations apply to employers in your opinion?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whores!!! They put themselves in that situation. They're almost as bad as gunstore owners that don't lock up their guns!!

In terms of due process standards I've been pretty consistent and the relevance is definitely there. Now if you want to cherry pick and say well.... the law should have due process but a PUBLIC academic entity should be able to apply whatever punishment they see fit, then by all means. I'm gonna have to stick with the notion that this odd bias is brought on by whom the player is and who he plays for. Out of curiosity, do these "punishment" situations apply to employers in your opinion?

Absolutely! If a coworker alleges another of rape or sexual assault I would assume that it is standard operating procedure at many companies to suspend someone with pay until the facts come out. If it’s not a coworker then it is highly unlikely the companies even know about it unless there is an arrest or that is a high profile person. Either way they probably would be put on suspension. Let me turn the question back to you. If a teacher has allegations put on him of lewd acts with a minor, would you let him continue to be around the kids until the charges are filed / proven false or do you remove him from the situation until the facts are out?

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely! If a coworker alleges another of rape or sexual assault I would assume that it is standard operating procedure at many companies to suspend someone with pay until the facts come out. If it’s not a coworker then it is highly unlikely the companies even know about it unless there is an arrest or that is a high profile person. Either way they probably would be put on suspension. Let me turn the question back to you. If a teacher has allegations put on him of lewd acts with a minor, would you let him continue to be around the kids until the charges are filed / proven false or do you remove him from the situation until the facts are out?

In Politics, Entertainment, Media and in Corporations the Accusations have mostly been related to Sexual Harassment. These do not constitute Charges for Criminal Acts, but are Accusations that relate to Transgressions of Arbitrary Boundaries that cause Someone to Feel Offended. Even looking at a person who feels offended by your gaze is interpreted as Sexual Harassment. This makes working with women a lot like walking in a Mine Field. I say, don’t hire them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely! If a coworker alleges another of rape or sexual assault I would assume that it is standard operating procedure at many companies to suspend someone with pay until the facts come out. If it’s not a coworker then it is highly unlikely the companies even know about it unless there is an arrest or that is a high profile person. Either way they probably would be put on suspension. Let me turn the question back to you. If a teacher has allegations put on them of lewd acts with a minor, would you let them continue to be around the kids until the charges are filed / proven false or do you remove them from the situation until the facts are out?

That's a tough call and not even a close comparison to what has been discussed. I expect individuals to not have kneejerk reactions and consider the facts with some attempt at some objectivity, and consider things on a case by case basis, like we see in our courts. Is there a reasonable amount of evidence that someone is putting someone else in danger? I'll put it like this, if you have Bill Cosby working for you and 918912819 women come forward and accuse him of the exact same sexual assault then I'd say it reasonable as an employer to suspend him to say the least. If you have Dustin Hoffman working for you, and some woman comes forward saying she was assaulted 30 years ago, then I'm sorry, I don't feel uncomfortable putting him in a work environment without more facts to the contrary.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it’s not a coworker then it is highly unlikely the companies even know about it unless there is an arrest or that is a high profile person. Either way they probably would be put on suspension.
When I worked at Dell, one of my co-workers was arrested; it even made the news. When I got to work the next morning, HR was already cleaning out his desk. No verification, no chance for him to put up a defense or explanation...gone.
This makes working with women a lot like walking in a Mine Field. I say, don’t hire them.
I certainly hope you're not in a position of making hiring decisions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom