A protective order has been requested against Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you read my post or were you responding to a different one? Because what you said had nothing to do with the point of my post. He is 100% guilty of putting himself in a position to be accused or falsely accused of the crime. It’s unfair but that is the reality of the world they live in. This case to me is similar the zeke case down in Dallas. When you are a star you have to know who you associate yourself can have major implications regardless of if they are telling the truth or not...
You would approve of someone being ruined by a person that made a baseless accusation even though innocent of any crime?
JD8 brought up the analogy that if someone said you were dangerous around a gun, would you approve of your 2nd Amendment rights being taken away without due process of law?
I think it's a valid argument.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you read my post or were you responding to a different one? Because what you said had nothing to do with the point of my post. He is 100% guilty of putting himself in a position to be accused or falsely accused of the crime. It’s unfair but that is the reality of the world they live in. This case to me is similar the zeke case down in Dallas. When you are a star you have to know who you associate yourself can have major implications regardless of if they are telling the truth or not...

Nope I was responding to yours and the analogy holds true, it's pretty easy to figure out honestly. The point I was making is that you somehow want the OU administration to react to this scenario without any evidence. (although I think being a poke fan has it's foundation here) However, again, if I applied this to 2A rights, I'll bet you'd change your tune. You're also, IMO, apologizing for the PC world we live in now by expecting the kid to live the life of clergy, as if he somehow deserves this if he doesn't.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You would approve of someone being ruined by a person that made a baseless accusation even though innocent of any crime?
JD8 brought up the analogy that if someone said you were dangerous around a gun, would you approve of your 2nd Amendment rights being taken away without due process of law?
I think it's a valid argument.

I guess I am doing a crappy job explaining my point as I am not sure what would prompt his valid argument... The only point I’m making is players need to be cautious of who they associate with because the wrong person will come out with a baseless accusation. I’d like to see coaches take a proactive approach to help keep these kids from being put in this situation. Not punish him for the accusations but punishment for putting himself in that situation to send a message to him and the rest of the team. Unfortunately the world we live in is stories get published and often people are found guilty in the court of public opinion to your point. Maybe I’m living in fantasy world but my line of thought is if you can avoid a situation to begin with, it would limit the opportunity for someone to make the false claims. I think to do that you have to educate and provide positive and negative reinforcement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't stop a college age kid that is getting approached for sex no matter what the coach tells them.
At that age they are invincible. Put alcohol or drugs into the mix, and it's a done deal. She is going to get laid.
A coach can pontificate all they want, and it will go in one ear and out the other because they have already found out through their high school career that they are special getting additional tutoring to get them out of class and pass classes they couldn't normally pass, and then they go to college where when they walk through the Student Union common area, they are treated like rock stars.
They get the big head, and act like rock stars.
Nonetheless, this country is governed by laws. A coach can't throw them off the team until there is credible evidence that wrongdoing has been done.
In this case, its a lover spurned, and she is getting revenge. How could anyone think that he should be removed from the team with those facts in hand?
I can assure you that Coach Gundy, and Coach Riley give those speeches about
moral high ground to those players every year and probably reinforce them throughout the year, but at their age.......they never hear it.
But those players, again come from a golden process where they are king and can get away with anything.
We cannot allow spurious allegations to determine the future of any human being without due process and in a court of law.
Political correctness be damned!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am doing a crappy job explaining my point as I am not sure what would prompt his valid argument... The only point I’m making is players need to be cautious of who they associate with because the wrong person will come out with a baseless accusation. I’d like to see coaches take a proactive approach to help keep these kids from being put in this situation. Not punish him for the accusations but punishment for putting himself in that situation to send a message to him and the rest of the team. Unfortunately the world we live in is stories get published and often people are found guilty in the court of public opinion to your point. Maybe I’m living in fantasy world but my line of thought is if you can avoid a situation to begin with, it would limit the opportunity for someone to make the false claims. I think to do that you have to educate and provide positive and negative reinforcement.

So you want to punish a 21 year old for hanging out with a 23 year old because of what MIGHT happen? I get the avoidance advice, I really do. It's the whole let's punish the kids without evidence or because they hung out with girls thing that has no logic IMO.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope I was responding to yours and the analogy holds true, it's pretty easy to figure out honestly. The point I was making is that you somehow want the OU administration to react to this scenario without any evidence. (although I think being a poke fan has it's foundation here) However, again, if I applied this to 2A rights, I'll bet you'd change your tune. You're also, IMO, apologizing for the PC world we live in now by expecting the kid to live the life of clergy, as if he somehow deserves this if he doesn't.
It honestly has nothing to do with me being a poke fan. If this was Justice Hill I’d be on here saying the same thing, and for what its worth, I didn’t say he should be suspended or dismissed, simply offering a suggestion on how to reduce this type of nonsense... “Coaches” being all of college football not just OU. Not apologizing for the PC world that we live in, just accepting reality that we live in it... Look at it this way tens of millions of people got on ESPN and saw this story and formed an opinion about this guy and the university, based on the information given.

To counter your 2A argument. The constitution gives us the fundimental right to bear arms. It doesn’t give us the right to play football. I am not saying players should be stripped of their rights and thrown in jail without due process. The right to free speech doesn’t mean you can say what you want without getting fired.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you want to punish a 21 year old for hanging out with a 23 year old because of what MIGHT happen? I get the avoidance advice, I really do. It's the whole let's punish the kids without evidence or because they hung out with girls thing that has no logic IMO.
I agree it’s extreme and unfair - I’ll admit, maybe I am wrong- but to change the culture sometimes you have to be extreme and unfair. Otherwise you are going to continue to have this time and time again. I did say dismiss or suspension but that maybe too much. But you must make the student athlete aware of their part in the situation and you must let that message be seen by the team.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It honestly has nothing to do with me being a poke fan. If this was Justice Hill I’d be on here saying the same thing, and for what its worth, I didn’t say he should be suspended or dismissed, simply offering a suggestion on how to reduce this type of nonsense... “Coaches” being all of college football not just OU. Not apologizing for the PC world that we live in, just accepting reality that we live in it... Look at it this way tens of millions of people got on ESPN and saw this story and formed an opinion about this guy and the university, based on the information given.

To counter your 2A argument. The constitution gives us the fundimental right to bear arms. It doesn’t give us the right to play football. I am not saying players should be stripped of their rights and thrown in jail without due process. The right to free speech doesn’t mean you can say what you want without getting fired.

I think you might need to review what you said. You JUST said that he should be automatically suspended or dismissed. (Post 73)

Now the counter argument makes no sense. I said nothing about playing football.... I'm talking about due process, of which you want to ignore. Of which the notion of "due process" is quite visible within The Constitution. Granted the OU administration can do as they please to a degree, but as gun owners we should at the very least appreciate the concept.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, do you guys even think about what you are saying??
Are you kidding? That would be like reading the articles on Slashdot.
But you must make the student athlete aware of their part in the situation and you must let that message be seen by the team.
Just like rape victims need to be aware of their part in the situation? Way to blame the victim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom