A Question for Our LEO members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out this morning doing some Christmas shopping, and it seemed like everytime I was stopped at a red light, the vehicle in front of me had an expired paper tag. Don't they get stopped for those? The reason I ask...my lovely bride was driving her car in Norman recently when stopped because the decal on her tag was expired. That cost me $110 fine and then a penalty of another $100 the next day when I sheepishly had to go to the tag agent and get the decal I forgot to get a couple of months earlier.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you think expired tags are bad you would probably be astonished at the number of people who have no valid insurance. If I’m not mistaken I think a vehicle with an expired tag of more than 60 days is subject to being impounded. Of course all that takes time so a Police Officer might be reluctant to do it since they are busy with more serious issues. I just bought a new car and was hoping for at least a kiss from the cute girl at the tag agency for the amount it cost me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually don’t write a citation unless they are three months out or so on expired tags. You can legally have the vehicle towed after 3 months out but I don’t do that. Yes you can legally make a traffic stop for an expired paper tag after 30 days from the date on the tag. A lot of bigger cities are so busy taking reports on thefts and such that they don’t have time to enforce traffic violations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom