A Question for Our LEO members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the ones that take a sharpie and renumber a faded tag.

I bought a car a couple of weeks ago. I went and got the title swapped and got the tag in less than 2 hours after I bought it. The tag agent was shocked. She said “this was just notarized today”. Yes, I just bought it.

Saw that today, big write over, in was very heavy and wide on the month number, idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post blm. No ones stopping anyone a fraction of how it used to be. It ain’t worth it.

Yep.

One; it’s 2020 and financially it sucks for all involved. I’m not making it worse stopping and citing someone for a tag.

Second; you nailed it. It’s not worth things going to crap over something that’s not a threat to anyone. Supervisors try to say “be glad you’re here” (said along the lines of “it won’t happen here”) but that didn’t work out to well for The Village officer did it. Yes, different circumstance but hung out to dry nonetheless. No thanks.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.

One; it’s 2020 and financially it sucks for all involved. I’m not making it worse stopping and citing someone for a tag.

Second; you nailed it. It’s not worth things going to crap over something that’s not a threat to anyone. Supervisors try to say “be glad you’re here” (said along the lines of “it won’t happen here”) but that didn’t work out to well for The Village officer did it. Yes, different circumstance but hung out to dry nonetheless. No thanks.

It’s a shame too.

Making a contact and giving the person who has everything else in order a warning and asking them to take care of it, was always a positive experience for everyone.

The ones without insurance and warrants, we wanted to get them off the road and get their crap taken care of.

It’s a shame officers today are beaten down to the point they cannot comfortably do their job.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is responsible to walk around your vehicle at least at every fuel up to confirm tail/brake lights work, license plate is up to date, tire tread/inflation is good and headlights work. It could be your own life you save if you prevent having a blow out on a highway or may save you a couple hundred bucks. Seems like common sense isn't so common these days.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you could have taken the receipt and got it dismissed. That said, the cop that gave you a ticket was a dick. Never got a ticket for that, they'll just remind me or her to get it done. Which reminds me, two of mine are due... I work with cops all day long, they dont care about the sticker. My neighbor has had a paper tag on their Yukon XL for over a year, don't ask me how, they keep getting new ones. $275k house, and cant afford their car tag? And in the area I work, people actually put the plastic or tinted covers over their paper tags. Not unusual to see one thats 3-6 months out of date if you can even read it.

Then the cops aren’t doing the job they’re paid to do.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is responsible to walk around your vehicle at least at every fuel up to confirm tail/brake lights work, license plate is up to date, tire tread/inflation is good and headlights work. It could be your own life you save if you prevent having a blow out on a highway or may save you a couple hundred bucks. Seems like common sense isn't so common these days.

Something that applies to other people. Responsibility interferes with social media.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It'd be really cool if folks weren't required to buy insurance. Maybe reform car taxes as well, perhaps a user fee when getting a driver's license?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be really cool if folks weren't required to buy insurance. Maybe reform car taxes as well, perhaps a user fee when getting a driver's license?
No, that would not be really cool. It's amazing how many people don't buy insurance even though it's required, if it wasn't required it would no doubt be even more. The last two accidents I was involved in, both drivers left the scene, we got the license plate of one and verified that they were uninsured. The second one I assume was uninsured, and/or probably drunk.

The more people there are uninsured, the more likely if you get rear ended because you actually stopped at the yellow light that you are just skrewed.

Or maybe you're being sarcastic? I'm part Sheldon, I don't always catch sarcasm (but I DO use it a lot :rollingla

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, that would not be really cool. It's amazing how many people don't buy insurance even though it's required, if it wasn't required it would no doubt be even more. The last two accidents I was involved in, both drivers left the scene, we got the license plate of one and verified that they were uninsured. The second one I assume was uninsured, and/or probably drunk.

The more people there are uninsured, the more likely if you get rear ended because you actually stopped at the yellow light that you are just skrewed.

Or maybe you're being sarcastic? I'm part Sheldon, I don't always catch sarcasm (but I DO use it a lot :rollingla

Not sarcastic this time. Think about it like this:

You buy a 75K car. You go to ins agent, buy collision, full coverage, healthcare in case of a wreck.

I buy a 5k truck. I go to ins agent, buy collision, healthcare in case of a wreck.

I'm looking at a deer by the road instead of actively driving and hit your car. I get a ticket. You call your ins agent, they fix your car. You have injuries? Your insurance covers it.

Don't have insurance? You are going to cover costs out of pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom