A Question for Our LEO members...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, but with certain limitations. One example I can think of would be them pulling thru an alley, or anywhere else seeing a vehicle parked in the back and snatching it, when the vehicle isn't being driven or is currently not capable of being driven. There are more.

I will tell you this, when I was in LE, I never wrote anyone for an expired tag that wasn't 5-6 months over. Why might you ask?

Because when I was in college someone stole the sticker off my motorcycle tag. I got pulled over by campus police, and they were about to tow my bike. I begged and pleaded to no avail, and finally told him and his back that I wanted to speak to a super or I was gonna raise hell all the way to the Board of Regents. When the super got there, he verified that my tag was in fact current, the other jerk never even checked, so the tow truck got to leave empty, but the original officer wrote me a citation for "failure to display". Not "expired" or failure to pay taxes due the state, but "failure to display". The boss let him do it too. I vowed to not be that guy when I received my commission. Jag offs.
Did they write up a stolen sticker report too?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they write up a stolen sticker report too?

I do not recall, it was 39 years ago, but I do recall my behind being incredibly chapped because even though he was wrong about my tag being delinquent, he still wrote me a citation.

I don’t remember how I got a new sticker either. It couldn’t have been that big of a PITA or I would remember it too. I do recall that when the boss confirmed my tag was in fact current, the original officer asked me to remove one of my contacts along side the road in about a 25 mph wind because I had a 1 restriction and didn’t have on my glasses. He just insisted that I prove I was wearing corrective lenses until the boss again said that wasn’t necessary, and then he wrote me for failure to display. One of those dudes that should have never been hired as a LEO at any agency. Complete idiot. I was just a dumb wet behind the ears punk, but I could see he was an idiot from a long, long way off.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not recall, it was 39 years ago, but I do recall my behind being incredibly chapped because even though he was wrong about my tag being delinquent, he still wrote me a citation.

I don’t remember how I got a new sticker either. It couldn’t have been that big of a PITA or I would remember it too. I do recall that when the boss confirmed my tag was in fact current, the original officer asked me to remove one of my contacts along side the road in about a 25 mph wind because I had a 1 restriction and didn’t have on my glasses. He just insisted that I prove I was wearing corrective lenses until the boss again said that wasn’t necessary, and then he wrote me for failure to display. One of those dudes that should have never been hired as a LEO at any agency. Complete idiot. I was just a dumb wet behind the ears punk, but I could see he was an idiot from a long, long way off.
What a badge heavy prick.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you generally opposed to holding people responsible for their actions?

No, that's why I figure I'm responsible for my own insurance. I can't count on 25% of the drivers in Oklahoma to follow the impotent law you so vigorously defend, but if you read that as "opposed to holding people accountable" ok.

Public schools?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insuring yourself against irresponsible drivers is good, and I'm certainly not discouraging that, but having insurance is not an "action". Driving your car into someone else's car is an action. I'm hearing you say that if someone does that, they shouldn't be held responsible for the damage they caused. BTW, no one is stopping you from insuring yourself against them, or requiring you to do so.

As I said, the better approach is to make the law more potent. How has the "no fault" system worked in other states? I'm asking, because I don't have any idea, but it doesn't seem to have caught on that much.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uninsured motorist covers your medical expenses if the other driver doesn't have liability insurance. It doesn't cover damage to your vehicle. At least that's what my insurance agent said.

Comprehensive would I assume...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Insuring yourself against irresponsible drivers is good, and I'm certainly not discouraging that, but having insurance is not an "action". Driving your car into someone else's car is an action. I'm hearing you say that if someone does that, they shouldn't be held responsible for the damage they caused. BTW, no one is stopping you from insuring yourself against them, or requiring you to do so.

As I said, the better approach is to make the law more potent. How has the "no fault" system worked in other states? I'm asking, because I don't have any idea, but it doesn't seem to have caught on that much.

How would you make the law "more potent"? (not that I think it would matter)
Car is supposedly towed now, if uninsured.

Uninsured motorist insurance is required by law to be offered when vehicle insurance is purchased in Oklahoma. You have to sign a waiver if you don't wish to purchase. Neat, huh?

Almost like the state recognizes you need to cover your own rear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom