A Rant About Ford Motor Company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The auto industry is just like Microsoft,(they probably learned it from them) they make a product with flaws, they KNOW it is flawed but they dump it on the public anyway and let all the worlds "tec people" sort out the discrepancies for them, hence, they don't have to do it themselves, saves time and money and the after-market companies make money, company saves money and the consumer PAYS for it........It's the capitalist way. The drawback to this is the "people that sort it all out" have to CONSTANTLY get up-dates in the changing tech........and the stress that comes with it has a high rate of BURN-OUT.

That reminds me of an incident back in the '70's. I was an 18-wheeler driver then and was acquainted with a number of other guys that were hauling Anhydrous Ammonia out of a plant in Dodge City, KS. One of those guys bought a new truck that had the Cat engine that had recently came out. For a number of weeks, he complained about how that engine was "one dog of an engine" and couldn't pull itself worth a darn.

Then he came into the truck stop one day and had the biggest grin on his face. He told us that he had stopped somewhere for lunch and when he got back into the truck to head out again, that engine was running like a cat with turpentine on its tail.

Apparently, the Cat engines improved greatly after they got "broke in."

He never complained about that engine again.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a truck... back in 2015 I leased a Toyota Corolla for my daughter to use commuting to college. In 2018 she had graduated so I was driving it to keep miles off my truck. The car kept "surging". I could feel it surge on/off at certain speeds. After 3 different week long stays at the dealership and the head service manager driving the car, I finally got the head mechanic to ride with me. He had their fancy laptop connected to the car, monitoring hundreds of computer settings. In less than 5 minutes I was "there it is" surge, no surge, surge... It was the throwout bearing. I could feel it engage. After another week, with Toyota corporate involved I was finally told; yes we are aware of the problem, but are working on a solution. Apparently they had replaced numerous throwout bearings over the past year but it didn't solve the issue. So they weren't doing anything at the moment. First lease car I let go back to the dealership (it was upside down).

2008 Accord with 70k miles had bearings on both sides go out at the same time. Pistol ring issues with so many 2008's they extended the engine warranty to 125k miles. Replaced the heater blower motor twice, the front-end on the car 4 times, the Honda mechanic told me to sell the car before the warranty expired.

Everything has issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom