A Rant About Ford Motor Company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After leaving Wilmes Ford a scathing Google review I received a reply today from the owner asking me to contact the service manager in order to give them a chance to rectify the situation. Guess I'll call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Ford Customer Relations was supposed to contact me today and never did.
That would almost make me angrier yet. Blow you off until you make public waves, THEN make some effort to help. Nice service.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a brand spanking new 2021 Ford Explorer the 28th of June. The 29th of June it started popping codes for the driver side airbags. They couldn't get me in till the 9th of July. They diagnosed it to a defective wiring harness assembly and informed me it was "not safe to drive". It sat in the dealership waiting for a wiring harness assembly till the 2nd of August. To say I was not pleased would be an understatement.
The lack of communication and the "tuff ****" attitude I got from the service department has really soured me on the dealership.
Jack Kissee ford??

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After leaving Wilmes Ford a scathing Google review I received a reply today from the owner asking me to contact the service manager in order to give them a chance to rectify the situation. Guess I'll call tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Ford Customer Relations was supposed to contact me today and never did.

I went and read your review, and a few others. Unless their offer was to haul my truck to a different dealer for service, I stand on my original position. I'd find an independent guy to work on it if it was mine. Those chuckleheads would never touch a vehicle of mine, not even a bicycle.

If I had been the guy with the soaked truck because of an incorrectly installed windshield, I'd have driven it up someone's ass.

Good luck.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went and read your review, and a few others. Unless their offer was to haul my truck to a different dealer for service, I stand on my original position. I'd find an independent guy to work on it if it was mine. Those chuckleheads would never touch a vehicle of mine, not even a bicycle.

If I had been the guy with the soaked truck because of an incorrectly installed windshield, I'd have driven it up someone's ass.

Good luck.
Those reviews are all over the place . . . dang.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a tow truck to arrive at my home to off-load a loaner car and pick up my truck. I had to consent to having it towed to Wilmes Ford...initially. It may go elsewhere after that depending on tech availability.

I've received a follow-up phone call from Ford corporate wondering if I'd talked with the dealer yet. Apparently someone there was listening because I never told them I'd heard from the owner of Wilmes Ford. Maybe that's why the owner responded to my review? The rep from Ford said they would follow up daily with Wilmes Ford on the progress of the repair work.

I just want my truck fixed. And I lied about the mileage on it. I said it was 21000. When I moved it out of the garage it was 21001. 🤣

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the product. It's the customer service. Your Toyota will eventually need something repaired. I don't care how reliable it is...when something breaks and you need it fixed under warranty you're going to want good service in addition to getting your vehicle fixed. My son just went thru a king-sized hassle with his Tundra. He got pissed and traded it for a Ram. Wasn't a week before the CEL came on and it was in the shop for a week.

There's a reason Ford sells more trucks than any other company and has for a long time. Of course they sometimes have issues...they're very complicated pieces of machinery and machinery needs maintenance and repairs on occasion.

This isn't a d**k measuring contest about why someone thinks Brand A is better than Brand B. It's about lousy service by companies that should provide first rate service to customers. Unfortunately, too many people just accept it because it's so prevalent and that just perpetuates the problem. I started raising hell a long time ago over poor service and I still do until I get someone to listen to me. Sometimes it just takes a while for the right person to hear me.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what these trucks cost these days the dealer should give really great service and offer to mow my lawn once a month.People use to appreciate if you spent 70 or 80,000 dollars at their business.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have absolutely no way of knowing this so it's a sheer guess (like everything i say!), but i'd reckon they at least *had* one and he failed to get his current certs? it's my understanding to work at a dealer specifically, you needed to be certified on all the latest and greatest. not sure if they are straight up yearly or what, but i would bet he didn't get a certain testing done and they let him go or moved him to a different position because he wasn't certified to work on possibly that exact turbo.

the only guys i know that were diesel mechs worked in the freight industry. might be a more lucrative position, harder for a dealer to find one long term. turbo diesels are at least *somewhat* rare, even for the truck market in oklahoma, even moreso for the whole auto market.
The auto industry is just like Microsoft,(they probably learned it from them) they make a product with flaws, they KNOW it is flawed but they dump it on the public anyway and let all the worlds "tec people" sort out the discrepancies for them, hence, they don't have to do it themselves, saves time and money and the after-market companies make money, company saves money and the consumer PAYS for it........It's the capitalist way. The drawback to this is the "people that sort it all out" have to CONSTANTLY get up-dates in the changing tech........and the stress that comes with it has a high rate of BURN-OUT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom