A scrap of copper buss bar, fallen walnut, and scrap of cmps-30v

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put this together as a use of some scrap materials laying around. I had a short length of s30v left over, to thick for a little knife and to short for a full size full tang knife so I did something I hardly ever do, made a hidden tang knife, the s30v goes about 1/2" beyond the pin and I welded a piece of 1095 I had laying around to it, even though it doesn't need it. Walnut was a log I cut from a tree several years ago, copper came from some discarded grounding buss bars.

8" total
blade 3 5/8
handle is copper bolster and black walnut, single copper and nickel silver Mosaic

[Broken External Image]

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here is a couple more to take a gander at!

10" total
4.5" blade made from 3/16 stock thickness cmps-35vn
handle is olive drab and black g-10 with 416 stainless bolsters and pinshhhhhhhhhh

7 3/4 total
3 1/8" blade made from 1/8" stock thickness cmps-35vn
handle is black linen micarta with 9 1/16" pins and lanyard tube.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Such good work. I love it. Do you free hand your flat grinds?

Yes I free hand my grinds, I find it easier and faster, I'm not one of those knife makers who believe it has to be done that way. You will get more burned thumbs...lol. I use a 2 x 48 belt grinder in my opinion the grinder doesn't matter that much as most of the work on my knives start after the initial grinding, it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to do the belt grinding the rest of the hours are in the finishing which is mostly done by hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom