A sneak peak at my latest project...BCD 4 K98k.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys...this rifle now has a new home. I received an offer for a decent chunk of cash plus a Winter War capture Finn 91/30. I'm glad that I was able to get the old warhorse all fixed up and in the hands of someone who appreciates it. :)

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll get some better pics of her posted soon, but below are a couple that I received from the previous owner. Right now I've got the rifle disassembled as I've got to do some work on the bore...it's a little on the dark side, but has strong rifling and no pitting. Should make a good shooter.

The rifle is a 1929 Izhevsk that's sitting in a gorgeous potbelly stock with solid escutcheons and sling hangers installed. The barrel shank hasn't been scrubbed or altered...only SA, D, and 41 stamped. Interestingly enough the bolt has been lined out and EP'd with a matching serial number which is the first time that I have encountered this on a Finn. I'm not sure if this was done by the Finns or by Century when the rifle was imported. The brass tipped handguard that came on the rifle is still finished in shellac so I'm thinking that it has likely been replaced. I lucked out and ran across a NOS Finn 91/30 handguard that was posted on Gunboards the same day that I picked the rifle up. I should be able to make it match the stock perfectly after a little stain and pine tar. I'll definitely post a few photos after I have everything finished.

i.imgur.com_AqWX3Fch.jpg

i.imgur.com_JbWYLshh.jpg

i.imgur.com_p22tyh3h.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom