A Thank you to all that I have dealt with on here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen this place evolve quite a bit over the past decade, and everytime, someone decides they don't like the new iteration and they announce that they are going to up and leave. Some of them really do. Some of them leave for a little while and then get the itch again. Some of them never really intended to leave, but just needed to vent about how they don't like change. There is nothing new under the sun.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding, and why all of the drama and long farewells?
You had to be there.
I SMH every time I see one of these, it seems more like a plea for everyone to beg you not to leave.
He's not pleading, he's gone. He just doesn't want to leave people wondering what happened to him.

Will he be back? Maybe, but right now, all signs point to no, and that covers several people who used to be prolific posters both here and at OKF. What went down went down badly; quite frankly, I'm not sure how it could've been handled worse--and this applies to both sides.

There are a few of us, like me and Mugsy, who harbor ill will towards none and will continue to move among the sites, but there are several who probably won't be back, at least not any time soon.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You had to be there.

He's not pleading, he's gone. He just doesn't want to leave people wondering what happened to him.

Will he be back? Maybe, but right now, all signs point to no, and that covers several people who used to be prolific posters both here and at OKF. What went down went down badly; quite frankly, I'm not sure how it could've been handled worse--and this applies to both sides.

There are a few of us, like me and Mugsy, who harbor ill will towards none and will continue to move among the sites, but there are several who probably won't be back, at least not any time soon.

Yeah, I get that people are acting like assholes. But people are leaving both sites. People who were decent contributors, whiny or not.

It'll come down to me waiting this drama out. I've been here too many years and have seen it too many times. Then, I'll go where the people go. If they ever decide. I'll go to the forum that has the most content I like. Right now, out of like half a dozen, it's 0 of them because everybody is spread out like a whore on nickle night. If a forum ever develops halfway decently, I'll be on that one. Even if that makes me a whiner. I'd rather do that than talk to myself.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner,

I agree that it could have been handled better, but they honestly didn't give it a chance. They really didn't. I got OKF about a week ago. Immediately, the bitching and insulting started. People made up their minds to be angry and had absolutely no interest in anything other than bitching. How does one deal with that? How do you reason with folks who just don't care to even listen?

As for the threads attacking another member, I took them down on the advice of my lawyer (actually spoke to two guys who know this area of law). If people don't get that, then I am sure they have way more to worry about in their lives than an internet forum.

Now some folks are making a production about leaving, or going where lots of former OSAers have gone. OK, great. I'm disappointed they feel that way, but again, OK. Hopefully, they'll be so happy there that they won't have the time to come back here and ***** about how terrible we are.

These forums ebb and flow. Members come and go. No one is forcing anyone to stay, and no one is forcing anyone to go. We have some good things lined up that actually are in motion, and we hope the current members will enjoy them.

To all the folks leaving, despite the insults and bitching, I wish you the best of luck and I wish for you to find whatever makes you happy out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom