AAARRRGGGG!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I don't have separate accounts, but we've never had any problems with what to do with the money. Also, starting around 2008, she has been the one most interested in purchasing firearms. Sadly, after I suggested buying a "tactical" shotgun, we bought it, but she lays claim to it.
We have a couple of guns that my wife calls "her" guns.

I'm like, that's fine sweetheart, they're YOUR guns. Now, I'm just going to go to the range and shoot them to be sure they're sighted in right. LOL

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me a caveman but that "my wife said no" crap never happened in my home.

Maybe that's one reason I'm divorced but I won't have someone telling me what I can and can't do with things I bought with my hard earned money.

I'm a full grown man! [emoji16]
Except for that Judge that said she got half?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Know what grinds my gears? When someone offers a trade wanting top dollar on their goods, but low balling yours. I usually fall into some real good deals for guns, so when I have my fun and pass em on, I usually ask real close to what I paid, leaving just enough room to left someone haggle me and walk away feeling like a winner. It's win win. I'm out nothing, and they're in on a good deal. But then they decide their $500 AK or $600 AR is worth $1k in inflated "trade value." I can't even bring myself to respond to em, mostly because the argument of reason isn't worth the grief they'll experience.

Obviously, we naturally feel, for whatever reason, that our own gun is worth every penny. It's been cared for and such... and there's no shame in trying to get as much as fairly possible (Unless it's stamped Taurus, Century, or Rijas) But the real shame of it is the day after when you're telling the tale of the "*********" that didn't take the inflated offer. Most of your buds will instantly have your back on the story, but a true friend would slap you across the face and let you know how your bad purchase doesn't equate to ripping off the next guy.

That's not even the worst of it. Had a deal a few weeks ago, sold a 22mag to a member with very little participation. Done a hundred deals over the years, didn't think anything of it. A few hours later, the guy calls me complaining about it. It's a practically new gun with about 30 rnds through it, and he's making a case that I ripped him off. I freaked out, grabbed my tools, his cash, a fresh box of Hornady and headed out to his place. He loaded up his ammo, cycled the bolt and 'click.' Damndest thing I've ever seen out of a "new" rifle. I asked to see it. Loaded up the fresh Hornady, ran through gen pulls, ten shots. He then tells me he keeps his ammo in the metal outdoor cabinet on his porch. I wanted to slap him. Grabbed my gun, gave him his money, and came home.

I did my due diligence though. I contacted Savage, mailed it off to the Arkansas service contractor since this particular model had a batch with bad factory head spacing. They sent it back in three days, no issues to be addressed, clean bill of health. Buyers remorse is one thing, but to cloak it in a pile of "You ripped me off" bullspit is the type of thing that'll eventually get you pistol whipped.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel marriage is a union. Wife and I do not keep separate accounts. Everything goes into a common account accessible to both.
We are compatible in that both are savers. Every dime I made on overtime, which was a tremendous amount, went into investment accounts. She was salaried, I was hourly. When bills were paid, her excess went into investment accounts.
With our private investment accounts, 401K's and now SS life can't get any better.
We never missed out on life with plenty of travel and toys by being savers. Savers don't squander.
It's a fine line in life to keep your retirement moving forward while enjoying the life your currently living debt free, but it's certainly possible.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call me a caveman but that "my wife said no" crap never happened in my home.

Maybe that's one reason I'm divorced but I won't have someone telling me what I can and can't do with things I bought with my hard earned money.

I'm a full grown man! [emoji16]

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom