AAC Suppressor mount for M1A Socom 16?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sox03

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new on here and had a question. I just got back the paperwork on an AAC 7.62 SD, and was looking at putting it on my Socom 16. Has anyone ever mounted a can on one of these? I see where AAC says that they make a Blackout flash hider mount for it with threads for the M1A, does it just screw on in front of the front sight/ gas block where the original compensator was? Or do you have to get a different gas block for it? Thanks.

Sox03

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks, yea that's what I have found for the M1A's with the longer barrels, but for the shortest barrel it appears that an adapter is needed because the end of the gas plug extends past the end of the sight block where the qd mount screws on and would block the can from fitting on it. Anyway I will just have to get some more parts it looks like.

Sox03

New to the site!
Reaction score
I haven't actually tried to unscrew the one that is on it yet, but I think you may be right. Yea, I found one that my ffl pointed towards from Delta P Design that is an adapter specifically for the socom to get the mount out away from the gas plug. I was just hoping that there was another way to make it work, but it doesn't look like it.

http://www.deltapdesign.com/muzzle-adapters/socom-muzzle-adapter

Latest posts

Top Bottom