• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy AAC Tirant 45M Piston 5/8x24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You will also need the fixed barrel adapter ring so you dont damage anything.
Might look at sci on admiral or sportsworld in tulsa. Or joebob outfitters on the net

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Might look at sci on admiral or sportsworld in tulsa. Or joebob outfitters on the net

Have the adapter ring, just want to put the can on my new Henry X in 45lc, which is threaded in 5/8x24. Will check those out, thanks!

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This piston isn't caliber specific (to my understanding), that's just how AAC marketed that piston for people to shoot 300blk subs through the 45M can. Other folks have posted online they are doing this, just the dang things are out of stock everywhere. I'm not retarded and trying to blow my can up here...

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
CE388C16-CF8F-4E4C-B193-E105ACDD1605.jpeg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
AAC went bankrupt (Remington) and won't even fix their suppressors anymore. They're not making any new stuff either. If someone doesn't have it in stock now, they won't ever have it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
AAC went bankrupt (Remington) and won't even fix their suppressors anymore. They're not making any new stuff either. If someone doesn't have it in stock now, they won't ever have it.
All I was sayin' is SCI and Sportsworld had lots of little AAC bags hanging there the other day when I was in looking for a YHM booster.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I do not believe you want a piston in this application.

What I would use is the part number 64744 which is a fixed adapter to 5/8-24”

While this is made for 300BLK, the id will be sufficient to support a .452” bullet.

If you go the piston route, be sure and run the fixed barrel spacer also.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019279741

Here is closed ad/auction for one that had 4 in stock

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885290607

This is their web page.

https://www.lcatactical.com/

The future of AAC is unknown. The name and intellectual property was purchased from the bankruptcy by the same company that owns PSA. It is my understanding the inventory and equipment were not purchased in the deal. What they will end up doing remains unknown.
I have a couple of AAC rifle suppressors using 18T and 51T mounts. If the need to change the mount configuration arises or repair is needed, there are a couple of companies capable of doing this work. ECCO machine is one of them.

ECCO also makes an adapter to allow the Tirant can to be used with other mounts. This may be the time to move in that direction.

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6743.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom