AAR from USSA - 9/19/10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3ST3R-M4A3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great time, the heat was redonkulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQGd9dDDPs&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMNsyRN5Ev4&hd=1

ai51.tinypic.com_2uq26wp.gif

I still need to get my sights worked out, gotta buy a gun rest sometime. Currently saving up for LaRue Tactical Range Day in TX next month. Saw other folks shooting with AR's, almost got a little crowded there on south carbine. :D

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Had a great time, the heat was redonkulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQGd9dDDPs&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMNsyRN5Ev4&hd=1

ai51.tinypic.com_2uq26wp.gif

I still need to get my sights worked out, gotta buy a gun rest sometime. Currently saving up for LaRue Tactical Range Day in TX next month. Saw other folks shooting with AR's, almost got a little crowded there on south carbine. :D

I saw you guys out there and wanted to come by but was busy with a class. If South Carbine gets too crowded then let us know and we will see if North carbine is free to use.

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get certified for some dynamic shooting. Would love to see a Magpul Dynamics class hosted at USSA.

Why not just take some classes at USSA from USSA Instructors????? I've taken many classes out there and am about to take my 6th one in October. Great instructors and they pass along some great information.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just take some classes at USSA from USSA Instructors????? I've taken many classes out there and am about to take my 6th one in October. Great instructors and they pass along some great information.

+100000 on this. taken 4 classes there myself and taking another next month (tactical handgun 211) and another in december (tactical handgun 212) and likely a few more next year if possible. sadly none carbine related yet but im working on fixing that and maybe next year i'll get around to it. Either way they are a great place to train and have more than capable instructors. heck even look into the guys over at TDSA. seems like they have some great rifle courses as well.

By all means im not saying that the magpul dynamics rifle course wouldn't be awesome but at the same time we have some great people to learn from around here for maybe the same if not cheaper hard earned cash from our wallets. but thats my :twocents:

good looking rifles too by the way i have been really eyeballing a complete BCM midlength rifle myself......

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on the training, we have some very knowledgable people here in town.

Nice AR's, I believe I was next to you on SC1 the other day. If I remember correctly you were shooting your Ak.

Steve Aryan

Marksman
Reaction score
Yeah with training group at USSA and the other awesome schools here in the state I wouldnt worry to much about the Magpul course. Are they teaching some super secret tactical techniques? No. Are we? No. We all vary in one way or another but 75% of the course will be the same fundamentals. If you do decide to take a Magpul course make sure you have a solid fundamental background. I.E. take a course from a school with a curriculum that is evolving. That way you will be able to pick up on the subtle differences and add those things to your knowledge base.
For example. I just got done taking Rob Pincus's Combat Focus Shooting course. I didnt have to focus on my accuracy or my grip ect. I was able to focus on the new things he was teaching. Much better way to train.

Latest posts

Top Bottom