About "Paying it Forward"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We started the "Pay it Forward" (PIF) section, which is a sticky under General Discussions here, in June of 2016. PIF was started as a means to enhance the whole idea of being a "community", not just another place to sell your stuff, like Armslist. It requires (asks actually) that you be an established member and that you post an item if you take an item, but it's strictly on the honor system. We have had over 300 posts in that thread since it started, and in my best estimate, we have had about 150 items given away in order to Pay it Forward to each other!

As we are a relatively small, focused, community-based forum, I think this has been a great thing. Not only do you get the pleasure of helping out a fellow member, but you get to often meet them as well and put a face to a screen name. We are one of a very few gun forums around that does PIF. Thanks to everyone here who has paid it forward so far.

If you haven't participated in Pay it Forward, please check the thread out. Surely you have a set of rings, a magazine for a long gone pistol, some ammo you no longer have a need for, spare parts you can part with, a holster...who knows? Let’s keep the ball rolling, ‘cause it’s a good thing. Thanks!

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never seen it or I just looked over the thing because it's a sticky.
I will see what I have that I no longer need or what I can do without.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never seen it or I just looked over the thing because it's a sticky.
I will see what I have that I no longer need or what I can do without.

You don't need that old chevy any more do ya? I'd be glad to relieve you of it. :)

I too had forgotten about the PIF section.... Kudos to the OP....Droolyjay or whomever....for bringing it up again.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I do not "need" it. I do not need 1/2 the things I have.
:)
Would you believe I got eurethane A arm bushings for it and followed instructions and changed the uppers on 1 side of that 57 chevy.
The old ones from the factory were still in there Original ball joints and other steering parts also still on there.
The Bushings squeeked horribly and were no better than factory rubber ones.
I seen a bushing in the drive way the other day and one of those worked it's way out and the bolt got loose some how..Never had that happen.
Probably all the squeeking and harmonics from it backed it out.
A Arm bolt hole is buggered up and I must pull the a arm to rethread the hole and get old school rubber bushings for it..I have all the other A arm bushings still in the box Uppers and lowers..these fit many vehicles including 1974 nova and 1976 corvette and many buicks and other GM cars.

But I will not ever run another one of them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they came with the grease and I used a bunch of it on both sides and on the steel parts also like the instructions stated I think they are PST.
Right out of the driveway they started making noise and never quit.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't need that old chevy any more do ya? I'd be glad to relieve you of it. :)

I too had forgotten about the PIF section.... Kudos to the OP....Droolyjay or whomever....for bringing it up again.

Hey! I resemble that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WHOEVER; not whomever. Dang, I got to learnt you NY people grammur-stuff alls the the time! Ya’ll got funny accents too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom